By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E.B. employees know nothing about games

the guys at my EB games seem decent. Plus you don't really have to ask for a game, they're all on shelves. you bring the case to the counter and they give you the disk. It shouldn't be rocket science to work at EB.

Around the Network

The guys at my EB are idiots too. But that would be ok if they were somewhat nice. do they only hire rude people?
GAmestop, however, are nicer and well informed. (not as much as people here though)

an EB just opened up down the road from where i live. Thnking of applying there. But my main Eb games knows a ton about games. Im a shoe in to get the job cause i know the release dates of many different games :D

the people at my gamestop seems ok, one time I asked a question about a product and they said its just a cash in companies are using to get peoples money, they also know a lot of release dates and knows what games for what systems.

I went to pick up the new Ace Attorney game at EB the other day and I was asked if I wanted to reserve the new Smash Brawl Mario Carnival... for the DS, or Ninja Gaiden II.

I politely declined and left.

CIHYFS?

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
Aj_habfan said:
thekitchensink said:
Well, all the people at MY EB are very friendly and very knowledgeable about games. I'll go there to buy something, and they'll look at it and say "Hey, that game's awesome, dude, I played it on the weekend for like 10 hours. Hey, have you played (insert similar game here)? It's a lot like this except for (insert different gameplay concept)."

So, no, I never have that issue at EB.

BLOCKBUSTER, on the other hand, hoo boy don't get me started.

Keep in mind that I've been my Blockbuster's best customer ever since they opened about 10 years ago. When I'm not at my university, I go there at least once every two weeks. So I go in to see if they have No More Heroes:

Clerk at the counter: "Hi, how can I help you today?"
Me: "Hi, do you have No More Heroes?"
"Nope. It doesn't come out until February 5."
"...okay (really strange, cuz people on VGC had already bought it days earlier)... well, are you getting Smash Bros. on the launch day?"
"We sure are."
"All right, can I put a down payment on that, please?"
"No, sorry, we don't do reservations."
".................ok.... thank you. Bye."
"Have a nice day!"

Keep in mind that over the last 10 years, I've reserved plenty of games there, including Halo. Yeah, I'm good friends with the manager and on a first-name basis with most of the staff, but this new guy knew nothing at all.

Okay, so he wouldn't rent you a game that hadn't arrived, and said they don't do reservations? You must be traumatised after that experience.

haha lol. Try reading next time. He said it hadn't even released yet (not just that they didn't have it in), and that they don't take reservations EVEN THOUGH I've probably reserved dozens of games there. And sorry for writing about idiotic game store employees in a thread about idiotic game store employees.

It was released later in Canada..(no more heroes) you know that right?

souixan said:
thekitchensink said:
Aj_habfan said:
thekitchensink said:
Well, all the people at MY EB are very friendly and very knowledgeable about games. I'll go there to buy something, and they'll look at it and say "Hey, that game's awesome, dude, I played it on the weekend for like 10 hours. Hey, have you played (insert similar game here)? It's a lot like this except for (insert different gameplay concept)."

So, no, I never have that issue at EB.

BLOCKBUSTER, on the other hand, hoo boy don't get me started.

Keep in mind that I've been my Blockbuster's best customer ever since they opened about 10 years ago. When I'm not at my university, I go there at least once every two weeks. So I go in to see if they have No More Heroes:

Clerk at the counter: "Hi, how can I help you today?"
Me: "Hi, do you have No More Heroes?"
"Nope. It doesn't come out until February 5."
"...okay (really strange, cuz people on VGC had already bought it days earlier)... well, are you getting Smash Bros. on the launch day?"
"We sure are."
"All right, can I put a down payment on that, please?"
"No, sorry, we don't do reservations."
".................ok.... thank you. Bye."
"Have a nice day!"

Keep in mind that over the last 10 years, I've reserved plenty of games there, including Halo. Yeah, I'm good friends with the manager and on a first-name basis with most of the staff, but this new guy knew nothing at all.

Okay, so he wouldn't rent you a game that hadn't arrived, and said they don't do reservations? You must be traumatised after that experience.

haha lol. Try reading next time. He said it hadn't even released yet (not just that they didn't have it in), and that they don't take reservations EVEN THOUGH I've probably reserved dozens of games there. And sorry for writing about idiotic game store employees in a thread about idiotic game store employees.

It was released later in Canada..(no more heroes) you know that right?

No, I didn't know that. But a few other places (that I couldn't get to) had given me a release date of February 1. That's why I had asked about it.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I have found that it varies based on the employee. Some of them are nice and pretty knowledgeable. Other, on the other hand, are ignorant condescending jerks to me.

The guys at my EB games are cool.

Me and my friend are legends there, because we traded in $657 worth of used games once.

One a time a new employee even got this surprised look when he saw us and was like "Wait---are you the two guys who traded in so many games we didn't have enough cash in the register to pay you?"

LMAO

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Depends on the store. Some had idiot employees, some have total assholes, but some are really nice places to shop. The Babbage's (bought out by Gamestop) in the nearest mall has some really nice people working there who know a lot about every console.

Though, they keep pushing met to buy a DS, but I've been planning to do that for a while anyway.