By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E.B. employees know nothing about games

Lol...I was just there last week and said, "GDC is next week, I hope it's great." The guy went over to his "new releases" book and started looking through it and said, "No, I don't see that game next week."

Lol, I was stunned by his stupidity...I just sighed and said, "Nevermind."

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Around the Network

Lol...I was just there last week and said, "GDC is next week, I hope it's great." The guy went over to his "new releases" book and started looking through it and said, "No, I don't see that game next week."

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

BCrayfish said:
I went to pick up the new Ace Attorney game at EB the other day and I was asked if I wanted to reserve the new Smash Brawl Mario Carnival... for the DS, or Ninja Gaiden II.

I politely declined and left.

LMAO! Quote of the day!

The EB games I go to seems to have a much better used games selection. I found Mega Man Anniversary Collection there not to long ago.

Gamestop IMO are notorious for trying to get you to preorder a game; you could ask about the next Barbie for Wii game and they will tell you that there are tons of preorders and that you better preorder to if you expect to buy a copy. Bunch of LIARS!!!

I go to GameStop, but I have run into the unknowing sales clerk many a-time.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Around the Network

I tend to not got to EB or Gamestop unless I am looking for a used gamw which I do a lot. So I don't have to ask about release dates and stuff like that concerning new games. One thing I wish they would try out is a system where they would recommend games based on what you have or what youve bought. many of times they have asked if I want the newest shooter and I don't even like that genre

Systems I own (Games)

Sega: Dreamcast (40) , Saturn (25), Genesis (50), Masters System (10), Game Gear (20)

Sony: PS1 (8), PS2 (60) , PS3 (5), PSP (12)

Atari: 2600 (18) , 7800 (10), Lynx (10)

It really depends on the store and the hiring practices of the manager. Good management makes for good sales clerks. The best bet is to ask the manager your question and if you get a knowledgable response good chance the rest of the staff will know their stuff.

I only went into a couple of E.B. Games stores, usually most of them didn't talk to me so I never had any problems with them, most of the bad employees that I've seen as far as video game info comes from places like Wal-Mart, Target, and Best Buy, mostly cause they don't focus on games, so they don't plan to hire knowledgeable employees.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

This happened to me with GH3 on Ps3!!! They tried telling my mom the game was delayed for the Ps3. My mom came home and told me what they said. We drove to best buy and picked it up.

DragonLord said:

lol.. i must say that is quite funny for us.. but their job description doesn't require them to be forum nerds.. not many people outside of forums know or care about GDC, so it's not so farfetched or stupid for them not to know what you'd be referring to