By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E.B. employees know nothing about games

maybe its just my local E.B.... they seem to not know the first thing about games.

as an example, i went in there yesterday to get advance wars: Dark conflict, (it came out yesterday in Australia). i went up to the counter and asked the guy if advance wars came out today, and he said "on what" so i said DS, and he said "which one", and i said Dark Conflict. then he said no it doesnt even have a release date for Australia yet, and he was talking to me like i was an idiot.

so i went to a different shop down the road, and sure enough they had it under the new releases so i bought it there. it seems to happen so often, i go into EB to ask about a game and every time they have no clue what i am talking about.

has this happened to anyone else?

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Around the Network

I tend to avoid EB games now, it's not a nice envirnoment in there.

Im sure it does, but the guys at my GameStop are pretty bright, intelligent guys.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

RolStoppable said:
Is Advance Wars: Dark Conflict (European title, Days of Ruin in NA) really subtitled as Dark Combat in Australia?

If not, you don't know that much about games either.

haha shuddup, you know what i meant

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Well, all the people at MY EB are very friendly and very knowledgeable about games. I'll go there to buy something, and they'll look at it and say "Hey, that game's awesome, dude, I played it on the weekend for like 10 hours. Hey, have you played (insert similar game here)? It's a lot like this except for (insert different gameplay concept)."

So, no, I never have that issue at EB.

BLOCKBUSTER, on the other hand, hoo boy don't get me started.

Keep in mind that I've been my Blockbuster's best customer ever since they opened about 10 years ago. When I'm not at my university, I go there at least once every two weeks. So I go in to see if they have No More Heroes:

Clerk at the counter: "Hi, how can I help you today?"
Me: "Hi, do you have No More Heroes?"
"Nope. It doesn't come out until February 5."
"...okay (really strange, cuz people on VGC had already bought it days earlier)... well, are you getting Smash Bros. on the launch day?"
"We sure are."
"All right, can I put a down payment on that, please?"
"No, sorry, we don't do reservations."
".................ok.... thank you. Bye."
"Have a nice day!"

Keep in mind that over the last 10 years, I've reserved plenty of games there, including Halo. Yeah, I'm good friends with the manager and on a first-name basis with most of the staff, but this new guy knew nothing at all.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

In my mall there is an EB and the Gamestop. Now you'd think they'd be similar as they are both gamestop now, but I actually avoid our EB like the plague. I HATE the guys who work there. I love the guys in the gamestop though. One of the guys at the gamestop gave me the little plush sheep they were giving for preorders of a harvest moon game without me preordering because I was like OMG ITS SO CUTE!!!

Screw EB and their ignorant and pushy sales people.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

thekitchensink said:
Well, all the people at MY EB are very friendly and very knowledgeable about games. I'll go there to buy something, and they'll look at it and say "Hey, that game's awesome, dude, I played it on the weekend for like 10 hours. Hey, have you played (insert similar game here)? It's a lot like this except for (insert different gameplay concept)."

Keep in mind that I've been my Blockbuster's best customer ever since they opened about 10 years ago. When I'm not at my university, I go there at least once every two weeks. So I go in to see if they have No More Heroes:

"...okay (really strange, cuz people on VGC had already bought it days earlier)... well, are you getting Smash Bros. on the launch day?"
"We sure are."
"Have a nice day!"

Keep in mind that over the last 10 years, I've reserved plenty of games there, including Halo. Yeah, I'm good friends with the manager and on a first-name basis with most of the staff, but this new guy knew nothing at all.

Okay, so he wouldn't rent you a game that hadn't arrived, and said they don't do reservations? You must be traumatised after that experience.

The ebgames/gamestops in my neck of the woods do know about games, I talk about assassins creed and they say its a great game, that they have played it and everything. Maybe its just they differ from variety of employees.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Aj_habfan said:
thekitchensink said:

"We sure are."
"Have a nice day!"

Okay, so he wouldn't rent you a game that hadn't arrived, and said they don't do reservations? You must be traumatised after that experience.

Haha...lmao 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Aj_habfan said:
thekitchensink said:

"We sure are."
"Have a nice day!"

haha lol. Try reading next time. He said it hadn't even released yet (not just that they didn't have it in), and that they don't take reservations EVEN THOUGH I've probably reserved dozens of games there. And sorry for writing about idiotic game store employees in a thread about idiotic game store employees.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."