By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E.B. employees know nothing about games

EBGames/Gamestop is the same company.

I worked there over a year as one of the managers and it is the most asshole shady company I ever worked for.

Some people I worked with were nice others were jerks and most don't know jack shit,all the company cares about if if you can sell The edge card and Gameinformer and reservations,how many that pushy clerk sells per day determines how much longer they have a job.

And those opened new games yes true they are sometimes new never played and just opened to put the case on the sales floor but sometimes it is used but  an employee since employee's are allowed to check out new and used games for 4 days then bring it back so yes sometimes your 'new' game is used and even sometime re shrinkwrapped from the machine in the back. 

More recently Gamestop stopped outright firing employees so they don't have to shell out unemployment to the former employee instead they phase people out like milton in office space and keep you on payroll but give you no hours,I watched so many people quit in total disgust with the corp not because of the managers (I lasted the longest at my store even my managers) eventually they did the phase out thing to me so they force people to quit.

I have so many stories about the corp practices in how the treated customers and employee's and love to BS people it's how they sell (that part I guess is common with any salesman) they really just want to hire people who can sell and don't give a shit if the new hire plays games or not just as long as you can sell people on that dumbass magazine owned by Gamestop/EB Games and the edgecard and reserves.

I personally will never step foot in one of their stores again or buy from them again. 

Around the Network
PooperScooper said:
This happened to me with GH3 on Ps3!!! They tried telling my mom the game was delayed for the Ps3. My mom came home and told me what they said. We drove to best buy and picked it up.

awesome mom's ftw

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Are they women who work at your local EB Games store? Women seem to know a lot less about video games than boys/men. FYI: According to an article from IGN, the game Dark Sector has been banned in Australia. The Classification Board refuses to give the game a classification due to the violence in the game. In Australia there is no R 18+ rating. The highest rating is MA15 +. This sucks I was looking forward to Dark Sector, would be worth a rental.

Yes, the same thing happen here in mexico, at least in many videogames stores when i go. Only 1 or 2 employees know more or less about videogames. One guy didnt knew the relase date of DEVIL MAY CRY 4.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation