By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kaz Hirai: "Sony will "rigorously pursue" PS4 sales", "increasing installed base more important than profit growth"

Well, a price cut at E3 would certainly steal Microsoft's thunder for the kinectless SKU. I don't see it happening, but it would be entertaining.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:

"Kaz Hirai: "Sony will "rigorously pursue" PS4 sales", "increasing installed base more important than profit growth""

This is complete bs. If increasing install base was more important than profit growth, they wouldn't be sitting on their asses getting nothing but last gen games while Microsoft is securing next gen exclusives.

Sony doesn't have to secure exclusives to get sales right now, but they'd get more sales by doing so.  They only have a three million lead.  They're not that far ahead. 

I don't understand this comment at all.....

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
kupomogli said:

"Kaz Hirai: "Sony will "rigorously pursue" PS4 sales", "increasing installed base more important than profit growth""

This is complete bs. If increasing install base was more important than profit growth, they wouldn't be sitting on their asses getting nothing but last gen games while Microsoft is securing next gen exclusives.

Sony doesn't have to secure exclusives to get sales right now, but they'd get more sales by doing so.  They only have a three million lead.  They're not that far ahead. 

Sony screwed up with the PS3 really bad.  Despite that they did a great job in the future pushing out a bunch of exclusives and staying competitive to close the gap and overtake the Xbox 360.  Right now they're not being competitive at all, meaning that Microsoft doesn't have to try that hard to close the gap.  All that needs to happen is this $399 Xbox One with a few games that really interest people and Microsoft will change the possible 80/20 PS4/Xbox One to 60/40 instead.

Sony is being really complacent thinking they don't have to do anything and people will just flock to them.  It's like Anfebious said when I was talking to him about it.  It's just like the story of the tortoise and the hare, and Sony is acting like the hare right now.   The longer Sony lounges around instead of tries and win the race as quick as they can, the closer Microsoft gets, slowly but surely.

kupomogli said:
outlawauron said:
kupomogli said:

Sony screwed up with the PS3 really bad.  Despite that they did a great job in the future pushing out a bunch of exclusives and staying competitive to close the gap and overtake the Xbox 360.  Right now they're not being competitive at all, meaning that Microsoft doesn't have to try that hard to close the gap.  All that needs to happen is this $399 Xbox One with a few games that really interest people and Microsoft will change the possible 80/20 PS4/Xbox One to 60/40 instead.

Sony is being really complacent thinking they don't have to do anything and people will just flock to them.  It's like Anfebious said when I was talking to him about it.  It's just like the story of the tortoise and the hare, and Sony is acting like the hare right now.   The longer Sony sits on their ass and sleeps instead of tries and win the race as quick as they can, the closer Microsoft gets, slowly but surely.

Except their statements directly contradict what you're saying and if anything, we know Sony has been holding things back from previous shows because they didn't need to.

outlawauron said:

Except their statements directly contradict what you're saying and if anything, we know Sony has been holding things back from previous shows because they didn't need to.

Their statements might contradict what I'm saying, but their statements contradict their actions.  The PS4 is several next gen exclusives behind the Xbox One.  Or maybe I should dig up what John Koller said back in 2012 about how they're going to make sure the Vita isn't flooded with ports like the PSP was.  Not only is the Vita flooded with ports, Sony themselves are paying for more ports than any other publisher.

So yeah.  Their statements might contradict what I'm saying, but that's because I'm telling it how I see it.  Their statements are contradicting what they're actually doing.  

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
outlawauron said:

Their statements might contradict what I'm saying, but their statements contradict their actions.  The PS4 is several next gen exclusives behind the Xbox One.  Or maybe I should dig up what John Koller said back in 2012 about how they're going to make sure the Vita isn't flooded with ports like the PSP was.  Not only is the Vita flooded with ports, Sony themselves are paying for more ports than any other publisher.

So yeah.  Their statements might contradict what I'm saying, but that's because I'm telling it how I see it.  Their statements are contradicting what they're actually doing.  

We have no idea what they're doing because they've been witholding annoucements. If nothing has changed after E3, you have a case, but until then, I think you're too early to claim.

outlawauron said:

We have no idea what they're doing because they've been witholding annoucements. If nothing has changed after E3, you have a case, but until then, I think you're too early to claim.

Bloodborne was the only new PS4 exclusive shown, which we knew about several months just never confirmed.  Anyways, I was right about Sony not really getting off their ass and doing anything.

Playstation 4 is doing so well right now that doing a price cut would be stupid as hell. Plus, Sony is not in a position to play a money war against Microsoft. They are actually very lucky that MS is confident enough to stay at the same price as their PS4 counter part. I have no doubt that if MS really wanted to make their console sell cheaper at a loss they would do it.

kupomogli said:
outlawauron said:

Bloodborne was the only new PS4 exclusive shown, which we knew about several months just never confirmed.  Anyways, I was right about Sony not really getting off their ass and doing anything.

So LBP3 doesn't count of course because it's coming to PS3 as well? Anyways how are Sony not getting of their ass? You do realize that the only exclusive game that they showed that is going to release after the first half 2015 is UC4, which might have something to do with the IP just being so big that it's a great finish for the show? I think it's extremely noteworthy that all other PS4 games that Sony talked about during E3 are scheduled to release before next years E3, it's pretty obvious that Sony just doesn't want to make many announcements about PS4 games that are farther off than a year a the moment, no reason to blow your load.

I personally really liked that almost all that was shown by Sony during E3 would be out in the next 12 months.

pricecut confirmes

349 black firday