By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kaz Hirai: "Sony will "rigorously pursue" PS4 sales", "increasing installed base more important than profit growth"

DerNebel said:

So LBP3 doesn't count of course because it's coming to PS3 as well? Anyways how are Sony not getting of their ass? You do realize that the only exclusive game that they showed that is going to release after the first half 2015 is UC4, which might have something to do with the IP just being so big that it's a great finish for the show? I think it's extremely noteworthy that all other PS4 games that Sony talked about during E3 are scheduled to release before next years E3, it's pretty obvious that Sony just doesn't want to make many announcements about PS4 games that are farther off than a year a the moment, no reason to blow your load.

I personally really liked that almost all that was shown by Sony during E3 would be out in the next 12 months.

Even if you counted LBP3 and MLB14 The Show, that means from launch until 2015, Sony only has six retail exclusives, including zero third party exclusives, on the PS4.  Killzone, Knack, Infamous, DriveClub, LBP3, and MLB14 The Show.  That's pretty pathetic.  Sony isn't doing shit to put distance between the PS4 and Xbox One.  They're just assuming everyone is going to purchase their console because the PS4 is more powerful and because it's Playstation.  Look what happened with the PS3 when Sony made the assumption that everyone would go to them because they're Playstation.  They lost all that marketshare they gained the past gen.

The longer Sony doesn't support their console is the longer Microsoft has a chance to make some sort of comeback.  Because online play is a big part of gaming, every system sold is then more potential sales because friends want to play with friends.  I mean you'd think Sony would try and do something more with the PS4 when they saw the lack of support for the Vita has literally killed the system in less than three years. 

Around the Network
kupomogli said:

Even if you counted LBP3 and MLB14 The Show, that means from launch until 2015, Sony only has six retail exclusives, including zero third party exclusives, on the PS4.  Killzone, Knack, Infamous, DriveClub, LBP3, and MLB14 The Show.  That's pretty pathetic.  Sony isn't doing shit to put distance between the PS4 and Xbox One.  They're just assuming everyone is going to purchase their console because the PS4 is more powerful and because it's Playstation.  Look what happened with the PS3 when Sony made the assumption that everyone would go to them because they're Playstation.  They lost all that marketshare they gained the past gen.

The longer Sony doesn't support their console is the longer Microsoft has a chance to make some sort of comeback.  Because online play is a big part of gaming, every system sold is then more potential sales because friends want to play with friends.  I mean you'd think Sony would try and do something more with the PS4 when they saw the lack of support for the Vita has literally killed the system in less than three years. 

Jesus Christ, yeah you know all Sony first party studios are sitting on their asses doing nothing. And Sony isn't bothered with them getting their games done, after all they don't have to pay the people working at their studios.

You know I really don't feel like sugar coating my words here, your post is total fucking bullshit, pretty much one of the most ignorant posts I've seen in a while. Sony is supporting the PS4, almost every first party studio has a game for PS4 in the works, just because you haven't seen every game that is supposed to come out in the next 2 years doesn't mean they don't exist, like I've said they have shown us pretty much only UC4 as a game that is more then 12 months off and if I may say so TLOU RE, Driveclub, LBP3, The Order, Bloodborne and Ratchet & Clank remake is a pretty damn good lineup of games until next summer.

I mean, what the actual fuck do you think Sonys studios are doing? Tell me, I really wanna know, what do you think they are doing if they're apparently not supporting the PS4? God dammit seriously, that post was aggravating.

DerNebel said:
kupomogli said:
outlawauron said:

We have no idea what they're doing because they've been witholding annoucements. If nothing has changed after E3, you have a case, but until then, I think you're too early to claim.

Bloodborne was the only new PS4 exclusive shown, which we knew about several months just never confirmed.  Anyways, I was right about Sony not really getting off their ass and doing anything.

So LBP3 doesn't count of course because it's coming to PS3 as well? Anyways how are Sony not getting of their ass? You do realize that the only exclusive game that they showed that is going to release after the first half 2015 is UC4, which might have something to do with the IP just being so big that it's a great finish for the show? I think it's extremely noteworthy that all other PS4 games that Sony talked about during E3 are scheduled to release before next years E3, it's pretty obvious that Sony just doesn't want to make many announcements about PS4 games that are farther off than a year a the moment, no reason to blow your load.

I personally really liked that almost all that was shown by Sony during E3 would be out in the next 12 months.

I've seen some say the same thing about Forza Horizon 2 :P

NobleTeam360 said:
DerNebel said:
kupomogli said:

Bloodborne was the only new PS4 exclusive shown, which we knew about several months just never confirmed.  Anyways, I was right about Sony not really getting off their ass and doing anything.

I've seen some say the same thing about Forza Horizon 2 :P

Some people will anything to suit their agenda.

DerNebel said:

Jesus Christ, yeah you know all Sony first party studios are sitting on their asses doing nothing. And Sony isn't bothered with them getting their games done, after all they don't have to pay the people working at their studios.

You know I really don't feel like sugar coating my words here, your post is total fucking bullshit, pretty much one of the most ignorant posts I've seen in a while. Sony is supporting the PS4, almost every first party studio has a game for PS4 in the works, just because you haven't seen every game that is supposed to come out in the next 2 years doesn't mean they don't exist, like I've said they have shown us pretty much only UC4 as a game that is more then 12 months off and if I may say so TLOU RE, Driveclub, LBP3, The Order, Bloodborne and Ratchet & Clank remake is a pretty damn good lineup of games until next summer.

I mean, what the actual fuck do you think Sonys studios are doing? Tell me, I really wanna know, what do you think they are doing if they're apparently not supporting the PS4? God dammit seriously, that post was aggravating.

Oh so now you're taking "nothing" literally now?  Yeah, they're working on games.  Obviously Sony isn't going to pay their developers just to sit on their hands, but unlike Microsoft, Sony isn't trying to push more exclusives or cross gen exclusives to be on the console.  Microsoft doesn't have enough development studios, so you know what they do?  Microsoft pays third party publishers funding to develop a few exclusives here and there.  Sony has more development studios, but they've got these studios stretched thin.  Japan studios is working on a few Vita titles, Naughty Dog's two studios are working Uncharted 4 and a port of The Last of Us, etc, etc, etc.  So instead of fully supporting the PS4 and the Vita, Sony is half assing it and not really supporting either one as much as they should.  Take a look at Nintendo and how many games the Wii U had as exclusives Nintendo both developed and paid for during the first year.  Now check out the amount of exclusives for the 3DS during that first year.  Or cross platform exclusives.  Sony has just came out and said that they no give a shit about the Vita so there's that. 

No need to take the nothing literally, but Sony isn't doing much to try and really push ahead of the competition.  It's just business as usual for them because Sony still has that same "we're Sony"complacent attitude.  The attitude that they have when they launch any consnole and portable.  The attitude that had the PS3 in last place almost the entire last gen, the attitude that's killed the Vita and almost killed the PSP if not for the somewhat decent third party support the system received.  That attitude of theirs is unlike Nintendo and Microsoft, in which both publishers came out of the gate swinging, trying to take hold of as much marketshare as they could.  The PS4 is the better system and so far that's got Sony where they're at now, but Sony's complacency is going to cost them sales. 

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
DerNebel said:

Oh so now you're taking "nothing" literally now?  Yeah, they're working on games.  Obviously Sony isn't going to pay their developers just to sit on their hands, but unlike Microsoft, Sony isn't trying to push more exclusives or cross gen exclusives to be on the console.  Microsoft doesn't have enough development studios, so you know what they do?  Microsoft pays third party publishers funding to develop a few exclusives here and there.  Sony has more development studios, but they've got these studios stretched thin.  Japan studios is working on a few Vita titles, Naughty Dog's two studios are working Uncharted 4 and a port of The Last of Us, etc, etc, etc.  So instead of fully supporting the PS4 and the Vita, Sony is half assing it and not really supporting either one as much as they should.  Take a look at Nintendo and how many games the Wii U had as exclusives Nintendo both developed and paid for during the first year.  Now check out the amount of exclusives for the 3DS during that first year.  Or cross platform exclusives.  Sony has just came out and said that they no give a shit about the Vita so there's that. 

No need to take the nothing literally, but Sony isn't doing much to try and really push ahead of the competition.  It's just business as usual for them because Sony still has that same "we're Sony"complacent attitude.  The attitude that they have when they launch any consnole and portable.  The attitude that had the PS3 in last place almost the entire last gen, the attitude that's killed the Vita and almost killed the PSP if not for the somewhat decent third party support the system received.  That attitude of theirs is unlike Nintendo and Microsoft, in which both publishers came out of the gate swinging, trying to take hold of as much marketshare as they could.  The PS4 is the better system and so far that's got Sony where they're at now, but Sony's complacency is going to cost them sales. 

Do you never stop taking shots at Sony? They both came out swining? I don't know if you saw that 6 month drought on Wii U and the horrible start Xbox one had. They are supporting the PS4 as much as either of them probably more considering they have every one of their studios making 1 or more games for it. 

kupomogli said:

Sonys "complacency" is not going to cost them any kind of marketshare, the deals that they've made for this holiday season are more than enough to make up for the lack of a big AAA exclusive.

I'll repeat myself Sony is completely supporting the PS4, your problems is just that you're totally impatient and not willing to look past what has actively been shown to you. What the hell is it supposed to mean if you say they're half assing their support? They are working on games for the PS4, all of them and believe it or not, Sony has literally nothing to gain from not having their first party studios working their hardest on those new games, do you understand that? They have to pay those people and the longer the development of a game, the more expensive it becomes, so Sonys studios are not sitting around thinking they don't have to get their work done since the PS4 is selling anyway, that doesn't even make sense.

You completely fail to explain how Sonys studios are not supporting the PS4, or is in your mind support = having all their games out in the first year?

Oh and I suspect everything digital is to be completely taken out of the equation so that getting something awesome/interesting looking like No Man's Sky, The Witness, ABZU, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture or Rime on the PS4 first/exclusively can't be taken as support.

If the ps4 is selling like hot cakes since launch thete is no reason to drop the yet.ps plus was a huge help

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

DerNebel said:

Oh and I suspect everything digital is to be completely taken out of the equation so that getting something awesome/interesting looking like No Man's Sky, The Witness, ABZU, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture or Rime on the PS4 first/exclusively can't be taken as support.

Indies don't count, obviously.

Oh, and btw.  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6441013

kupomogli said:
DerNebel said:

Indies don't count, obviously.

Oh, and btw.  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6441013

So basically you're deciding what counts and what doesn't, so I guess this discussion is now over.

Especially since you still utterly fail to explain how Sonys first party is "half assing PS4 support" and instead resort to petty insults.