By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumour: The Order Delayed Until February

Porcupeth said:
sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:
Why so many overjoyed x1 and WiiU owners here?

Sad if true, but seems more like bogus rumour made out of the problems in the twitch. If it came before that I would give it more weight.

Because PS4 is going to win the year in sales no matter what is delayed. At least this means its fans will be hard pressed to defend the console online, and have to resort to global sales to assert superiority, which is essentially a victory in Nin/Xbox fans eyes.

Even though PS4 still has a better library?

Bigger, yes. Better....highly subjective. Im talking about system sellers, in which case this year may also go to X1 like 2013 did.

I learned last gen that niche indies, while quality games, don't sell systems and certainly don't carry the same relevance as a bigger release.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Porcupeth said:
sales2099 said:

Still doesn't change that many others don't share your reasoning and bought a console just for Titanfall. Or back in the day when Bioshock 1 was a 360 system seller or Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 selling around 3.5 million each on 360. Like cmon.....your principles don't apply to everyone else. People can and will buy a console for a multiplat if it has the pull.....especially if it isn't available on the consoles biggest competitor.

You again neglect relevance and impact. PS4 can and does have PS4/PC titles, but when they make the impact Titanfall made, then talk to me about counting it as a system seller.

Like people buying a PS4 for Watch Dogs and Destiny?

Now you are moving into another point entirely, where a multiplat can sell systems due to exclusive marketing and not platform availability. You know those do have Xbox versions, while Titanfall and Project Spark are not on PS4.

Your angle holds no sway in a online comparison where as I can at least make the case that not being on PS4 is a genuine factor.

You were the one using the "sells systems" argument. Now it's not good enough cause i'm using it? ;( predictable.

loy310 said:
If true, PS4 i hope XB1 destroys you this December because you obviously need a wake up call.

Yeah I'm sure Sony developers have all been on vacation and not working on their games, since the PS4 is selling so well... *shakes head*

Didn't realise the game had an official release date to be delayed.

Porcupeth said:
sales2099 said:

Now you are moving into another point entirely, where a multiplat can sell systems due to exclusive marketing and not platform availability. You know those do have Xbox versions, while Titanfall and Project Spark are not on PS4.

Your angle holds no sway in a online comparison where as I can at least make the case that not being on PS4 is a genuine factor.

You were the one using the "sells systems" argument. Now it's not good enough cause i'm using it? ;( predictable.

Your angle is about games available on Xbox......that is a huge difference. lol seriously......

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

Disappointing. Sony need a big exclusive game this Autumn, they had better have something good at E3!

No they don't stop acting like most people don;t buyh consoles for multiplats...Sony doesnt need the order, destiny alone will move more consoles then any exclusive.

Quantum break is not coming 2014 either, sony has zero to worry about.

loy310 said:
If true, PS4 i hope XB1 destroys you this December because you obviously need a wake up call.

WTF? GAmes take a long time to makie, wake up call? ROFL, third party games don;t exist? Hyperbole at its finest. Tehy should rush out what's not ready?

DonFerrari said:
Why so many overjoyed x1 and WiiU owners here?

Sad if true, but seems more like bogus rumour made out of the problems in the twitch. If it came before that I would give it more weight.

Do you really have to ask?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

celador said:
Dadrik said:
celador said:
Sweep said:

Also unnacceptable imho is to falsly claim that they "promised" to deliver 25 exclusives. They never promised anything

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/06/10/cdrive/

40 games in 2014 with 'exclusive experiences'.  Can you name them?

Exclusive AAA games (TLOU port, maybe other ports, DriveClub, maybe something announced at E3...), exclusive indie games (there are quite a lot), multiplats...

Oh, by the way, maybe you didn't notice, but 2014 isn't over yet.

inFamous, Driveclub, TLoUR.   Exclusive content for Watch Dogs, Destiny, perhaps Batman and Assassin's Creed.  Then the indies.  Even if you count games like Outlast and Transistor as exclusives you are not getting to 40.  If you don't count them as exclusives, as you shouldn't, you're getting nowhere close.

As for the argument regarding 2014 not being over, the majority of games are not announced and released in the same year.  Sony have fucked this year up on the exclusive front

"Exclusive experience" sounds really vague.  That could mean anything. For example, there are some costumes and items in DCUO that are exclusive to the PS4.  So does that count as one?  Also, does the 40 include Japanese titles?  or just Western titles?  Here's what I came up with after some research.  Just a word of warning that I'm being pretty liberal about this and also, as you can imagine, most are smaller Indie titles.

1 Basement Crawl Exclusive
2 Deep Down Exclusive
3 Driveclub Exclusive
4 Hohokum Exclusive
5 Infamous: SS Exclusive
6 Killzone: Shadowfall Exclusive
7 Knack Exclusive
8 MLB 14: The Show Exclusive
9 N++ Exclusive
10 Natural Doctring Exclusive
11 Resogun Exclusive
12 Towerfall: Ascension Exclusive
13 Apotheon Exclusive (Console)
14 Chasm Exclusive (Console)
15 Contrast Exclusive (Console)
16 Daylight Exclusive (Console)
17 Don't Starve Exclusive (Console)
18 Helldivers Exclusive (Console)
19 Mercenary Kings Exclusive (Console)
20 Octodad Exclusive (Console)
21 Outlast Exclusive (Console)
22 Planetside 2 Exclusive (Console)
23 Rogue Legacy Exclusive (Console)
24 Samurai Gunn Exclusive (Console)
25 Sportsfriends Exclusive (Console)
26 Super Motherload Exclusive (Console)
27 The Binding of Issace Exclusive (Console)
28 Titan Attacks Exclusive (Console)
29 Transistor Exclusive (Console)
30 Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed Exclusive (Japan only)
31 Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Exclusive (Japan only)
32 Joysound Dive 2 Exclusive (Japan only)
33 Nikoli no Puzzle 4: Sudoku Exclusive (Japan only)
34 Nobunaga no Yabou: Souzou Exclusive (Japan only)
35 Tottemo E Mahjong Plus Exclusive (Japan only)
36 DCUO Exclusive content
37 Assassin's Creed: Black Flag Exclusive content
38 Destiny Exclusive content
39 Warframe Exclusive content
40 Watchdogs  Exclusive content

I remember when ppl were shitting on the Wii U for all the delays, looks like its PS4 and X1's turn.