By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumour: The Order Delayed Until February

Porcupeth said:
GribbleGrunger said:
DonFerrari said:
Why so many overjoyed x1 and WiiU owners here?

Sad if true, but seems more like bogus rumour made out of the problems in the twitch. If it came before that I would give it more weight.

It's pretty sad isn't it. It's not as if there isn't plenty of games to play this year.

And what's funny is that it's in vain because the PS4 is going to destroy the other two in holiday sales, even without The Order.

I can put this on my signature and never change it until 2015 if somebody wants me to.

Aside from bragging rights, it isn't a strong counter if it loses in AAA game offerings. Seems very petty actually, relying on geographical brand loyalty over games.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Porcupeth said:
sales2099 said:

Well Halo 2A is all but confirmed. I know your stance on non-exclusives like Titanfall and Project Spark, thinking they don't exist, have 0 impact, and can't be possibly be used as a differentiator for one console over another. 

My stance? I can play Titanfall and Project Spark on PC. It's that simple. It's a multiplat.

Otherwise PS4 has dozens of "exclusives" too.

Still doesn't change that many others don't share your reasoning and bought a console just for Titanfall. Or back in the day when Bioshock 1 was a 360 system seller or Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 selling around 3.5 million each on 360. Like cmon.....your principles don't apply to everyone else. People can and will buy a console for a multiplat if it has the pull.....especially if it isn't available on the consoles biggest competitor.

You again neglect relevance and impact. PS4 can and does have PS4/PC titles, but when they make the impact Titanfall made, then talk to me about counting it as a system seller.

Like people buying a PS4 for Watch Dogs and Destiny?

Dadrik said:
As some insiders predicted, E3 2014 will be mostly about games for 2015. That's when the gen will truely begin.

In the meantime, we'll still get Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age Inquisition, Batman Arkham Knight, The Evil Within, LOTR: Shadow of Mordor, Assassin's Creed Unity, etc...

I don't know how people manage to complain. It's shameful!

sales2099 said:
DerNebel said:

2 exlusive racing games (even if one is a sim and the other is a hybrid) on the PS4 this holiday season seems stupid as hell to me, a GT6 remaster would cut Driveclubs probably already short legs even shorter.

I still see it as a possibility, given how GT6 for PS4 is guaranteed a cool million at the very least. Its money in Sony's pocket regardless.

What makes you think Drive Club has short legs regardless?

Cause it's just not a big title and it comes way too late. The latest previews have been more positive but I'm still not bursting with confidence about the quality of the final product, it might sell decently if it was the only racer on the platform, but as it stands it already releases in a very difficult time of the year with Project Cars and maybe the Crew releasing close by, it doesn't need even more racing competition and I hope Sony realizes that and keeps the next iteration of GT (whatever it may be) until 2015.

Fortunately for Driveclub, racing games are a popular target for console bundling and I think this is its best chance to get some good sales and build a fanbase for itself and then maybe, if Evolution survives after this whole delaying ordeal, release a sequel in couple of years. Maybe it could alternate with GT like:

2014: Driveclub

2015: GT7 prologue

2016: Driveclub 2

2017: GT7

or something like that.

DonFerrari said:

Sad if true, but seems more like bogus rumour made out of the problems in the twitch. If it came before that I would give it more weight.

Because PS4 is going to win the year in sales no matter what is delayed. At least this means its fans will be hard pressed to defend the console online, and have to resort to global sales to assert superiority, which is essentially a victory in Nin/Xbox fans eyes.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Richard_Feynman said:
sales2099 said:

A Halo 2 remake holds more sway then TLOS, considering one game is just a year old (looks like a cash-in to me) and the other is 10 years old.  It would bridge 2 generations worth of graphics, and had MP that defined a generation.

Very debatable. One could argue that 10 year old games have dated mechanics and gameplay.

Nostalgia invokes "the feels" in our brains. And Halo 2 MP isn't THAT drastically different from say Reach or Halo 4 MP.

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

Because PS4 is going to win the year in sales no matter what is delayed. At least this means its fans will be hard pressed to defend the console online, and have to resort to global sales to assert superiority, which is essentially a victory in Nin/Xbox fans eyes.

Even though PS4 still has a better library?

If true, PS4 i hope XB1 destroys you this December because you obviously need a wake up call.

Porcupeth said:
sales2099 said:

Still doesn't change that many others don't share your reasoning and bought a console just for Titanfall. Or back in the day when Bioshock 1 was a 360 system seller or Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 selling around 3.5 million each on 360. Like cmon.....your principles don't apply to everyone else. People can and will buy a console for a multiplat if it has the pull.....especially if it isn't available on the consoles biggest competitor.

You again neglect relevance and impact. PS4 can and does have PS4/PC titles, but when they make the impact Titanfall made, then talk to me about counting it as a system seller.

Like people buying a PS4 for Watch Dogs and Destiny?

Now you are moving into another point entirely, where a multiplat can sell systems due to exclusive marketing and not platform availability. You know those do have Xbox versions, while Titanfall and Project Spark are not on PS4.

Your angle holds no sway in a online comparison where as I can at least make the case that not being on PS4 is a genuine factor.

loy310 said:
If true, PS4 i hope XB1 destroys you this December because you obviously need a wake up call.

That's still kind of unlikely to happen, at least 2015 is looking pretty good.