By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Talal said:
REDZONE said:
Moyu said:

The early yellow to Rafael was undeserved. If the ref was a cunt I'm pretty sure he was a cunt to BOTH teams

Plus I don't think United managed to score due to Chelsea being a 10 man side after the red, I think it had more to do with Chelsea not being able to park the bus for the remainder of the match which is a bit surprising considering Mourinho's tactics when it comes down to 1-0 advantage :P

Di maria dived for that "foul", Ivanovic was marking Fellanni at set pieces, so yes Utd won due to us playing with 10 men.As usual they win/drew due to shady refereeing and Van Persie celebrating like he won d CL pathetic.

It wasn't a dive. 

https://vine.co/v/OhLx2dZTgAP

There were bad referee decisions, but they weren't as bad as Chelsea fans are making them out to be.

Minimal contact,made an absolute meal of it and definitely dosen't merit a second yellow.And the fact that Iva was marking Fellanni makes it worse.

Around the Network
REDZONE said:

Minimal contact,made an absolute meal of it and definitely dosen't merit a second yellow.And the fact that Iva was marking Fellanni makes it worse.

Minimal or not is not relevant. There was contact and it lead to Di Maria falling. It is a foul 100% of the time. Some say the second yellow was harsh, but honestly I don't think it was harsh at all. It's clear that it wasn't Iva's intention to clip his ankle like that, but he did and that's what matters. Anyway, Chelsea still have a huge lead and this match was at Old Trafford, cheer up a draw isn't that bad.

Fulham 2-5 Derby County, the mighty rams reach the quarter finals of the league cup, and we are top of the championship, somebody pinch me.

Well done, Reus! I'm going to be so happy if Dortmund actually wins this match!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

probably not.

Around the Network

The mighty Huddersfield Town are 7 unbeaten. Won 3-0 today.

Going up up up.

I was hoping that BvB would win.. Oh well.

Ka-pi96 said:
Wow, Suarez has really made Barcelona bad!

Not really.

He was playing out wide. Suarez needs to be central.

Carl2291 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Wow, Suarez has really made Barcelona bad!

Not really.

He was playing out wide. Suarez needs to be central.

Which isn't going to appen as long as Luis Enrique is the coach and Messi is on the field.

Heh... What a match that was!