By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Del Bosque will go to his bosque and start crying after this ownage!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
colafitte said:

Brazil is the team who most times has won a WC and never was so hated like this Spanish team. As a rival, i never hated Brazil, Germany, or France when they won WC 98 and Euro 2000. I admired those teams. They were historical....

I don't know.... When even spanish people here are happy to see Spain losing like this, what can I expect outside?. Spain seems to be an easy target to hate.

Yeah but they never won lots of things in a row. Besides, I don't hate Spain, I just like the Dutch and don't want the same team regardless of which, winning it twice.

To tell you the truth, despite I'm with Spain to death, I want another team to win this year. I remember the feeling of winning Euro 2012 and I felt...empty. Is never good to any kind of competition that one side wins always. I only want that Spain plays a good tournament saying goodbye to one of the best generations in history with gratitude and admiration. Not losing like this.....

Slarvax said:
lestatdark said:
Slarvax said:
lestatdark said:

So here's where you have been? Haven't seen you in a long time!

Been lurking around for the past few months, just decided to come back yesterday, with the WC craze .

Awesome! Who are you with?

Rooting for Portugal all the way. I expect us to go, at least, to the quarter finals. I don't expect us to go any further than that though

We have some good players and we have consolidated our strategy and play style in our last matches, but we don't have the same quality as some of the best teams in the WC (like Germany, which we're playing in the first game xD) to be contenders for the final.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Mr_No said:
colafitte said:

Well.....What to say.....uffffff. Congrats to Netherlands. You had your best players in Ramos, Casillas, Pique and Alba....XDDDD. Robben wasn't bad either .

Spain deserved this match. They weren't ready mentally to this match. At least this defeat can serve to change something like most of the Barça players that are completely useless (Busquets, Alba, Pique, even Xavi). Casillas is a shadow of itself too. Buah.....

But what i don't understand is the hate here against Spain or our style of play. Stay classy people....

I was wondering the same. The hate on Spain seems very strong not only here, but in the social media too.

they won the last 3 major international tournaments in a row (2 euros, 1 world cup) and a lot of matches with just 1-0 - people are sick and tired of that

Carl2291 said:
Predictions and points updated here

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6413748

Why didn't you include my predictions? :(

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
Ninsect said:
Mr_No said:
colafitte said:

Well.....What to say.....uffffff. Congrats to Netherlands. You had your best players in Ramos, Casillas, Pique and Alba....XDDDD. Robben wasn't bad either .

Spain deserved this match. They weren't ready mentally to this match. At least this defeat can serve to change something like most of the Barça players that are completely useless (Busquets, Alba, Pique, even Xavi). Casillas is a shadow of itself too. Buah.....

But what i don't understand is the hate here against Spain or our style of play. Stay classy people....

I was wondering the same. The hate on Spain seems very strong not only here, but in the social media too.

It's called jealousy. Spain is usually really good. Today they were the complete opposite

Hehe, now I get it. I rarely follow football so this came to me as a shock. Thank God I'm not following the WC this year.

colafitte said:
Talal said:
colafitte said:

But what i don't understand is the hate here against Spain or out style of play. Stay classy people....

When a team dominates for so long everyone hates that team.

Brazil is the team who most times has won a WC and never was so hated like this Spanish team. As a rival, i never hated Brazil, Germany, or France when they won WC 98 and Euro 2000. I admired those teams. They were historical....

I don't know.... When even spanish people here are happy to see Spain losing like this, what can I expect outside?. Spain seems to be an easy target to hate.

But Spain didn't just dominate on the national level. It dominated even at the club level. I don't ever remember a time when a country dominated that much. Also the fact that they play the posession game doesn't help either. People hate that play style just like a lot of people hate the parking the bus play style. As for Spanish people hating Spain that's news to me. That indeed is shocking.

Scisca said:
Carl2291 said:
Predictions and points updated here

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6413748

Why didn't you include my predictions? :(

I may have missed them. There was a lot to go through!

Link me up and Ill put them in.

Ninsect said:
Is that a real heat map? lol

Somehow pezus I'm not so sure it is

Let's hope for more great games and surprise results like this one in the coming weeks!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Lafiel said:
Mr_No said:
colafitte said:

they won the last 3 major international tournaments in a row (2 euros, 1 world cup) and very often with 1-0 - people are sick and tired of that

What can I say? Maybe they were tired of winning and let Netherlands win, but maybe they weren't so subtle doing that.

Joking aside, I don't want to mention a wrestling reference here since it's not the place (and I'm scared of football fans), but all of that reminds me of John Cena in the WWE. People despised him because he easily dominates opponents. No, I'm not comparing wrestling with football. Please, don't hurt me!!

But now I understand better. Thanks.