By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

In case of a 3way tie in points, only scores from the matches between those 3 teams count, so they erase the score from Australia matches.
Only in case of a two way tie all matches are considered.

Around the Network
AZWification said:

Holland is doomed because RVP won't play in the next match!

Do we NEED to win the next match though? At least he'll get some rest. :P

Burek said:

No, of course you're safe, you'd need to lose about 8:0 or something. But the first place is still for grabs, and the honor to valiantly lose to Croatia :)))))

Well, if it's done 'valiantly' ...

Mexico -Brazil was a great match, even 0-0 games can be good and this one was great.

It may have disappointed some though.

Just realized we now most likely will miss like 5 of our players for the Champions League qualification.....

Around the Network

So, if Spain wins by 2 tonight, it's NED +4, CHI and ESP both -2. Spain beats AUS by any score, Chile beats NED 7:0 and Netherlands is out.
If Spain wins 4:0 tonight, then Chile needs ONLY 5:0 to eliminate the Dutch....

Squeezol said:
AZWification said:

Holland is doomed because RVP won't play in the next match!

Do we NEED to win the next match though? At least he'll get some rest. :P

Yes, because Holland is the best........if we don't count Germany and maybe Italy!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

ktay95 said:
justinian said:
I heard Cahill is suspended for the next match. Without him I really don't see Australia even having a sniff of a chance against Spain if the Spanish win tonight.

Holland has a five goal difference, that's counts for a lot. They are pretty much through.

Yeah Cahill and RVP both suspended for their next match. Australia will struggle without Cahill but some.of our other boys have proven they have the skill but god knows where the goal will come from. Also our defence needs to improve. We just let way to many easy goals in.

RVP as well? I didn't know that. Holland may just need a point depending on the other result. 

As I said you were unlucky to be in that group. Better teams than you lot on paper would have struggled to get out of such a quality group.

Burek said:
So, if Spain wins by 2 tonight, it's NED +4, CHI and ESP both -2. Spain beats AUS by any score, Chile beats NED 7:0 and Netherlands is out.
If Spain wins 4:0 tonight, then Chile needs ONLY 5:0 to eliminate the Dutch....

Chili would be at +0, they beat Australia by 2 (3-1).

poklane said:
Just realized we now most likely will miss like 5 of our players for the Champions League qualification.....

Yeah thats a shame for Feyenoord..  But it would have been unlikely to get through the second round.. You guys should hope Pele and Immers are still there so you guys win at least the first match and qualify for the EL..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)