By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

S.Peelman said:
Nice match!

Dumb penalty that was cheaply given and the screwup by our defense like I predicted but we made some good goals. The Aussies gave everything they had surely, but we're in the second round !

Also, if Spain wins, and everybody goes crazy in the 3rd round, Netherlands can be eliminated.

Around the Network

Good work Australia. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Great match, Australia punching above its weight.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Burek said:
Excellent match. Great effort by Australia. You are still not eliminated, but it's quite a long shot. You need Spain to win first...

The only way would be for Spain to win tonight, but then Australia has to defeat Spain and the Netherlands have to beat Chili.

Aussies played very well. A game for the books.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
And now I'm getting these mixed feels of depression and pride. Ah well that was one entertaining match to watch!

You should be proud! Nobody expected them to play that well. Besides, you guys are already one of the best at cricket and rugby so you can't be good at everything :P. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I am proud of Australia! :'-)

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Damn I'm so proud of the Aussie boys. Expectations down here were for us to go over and get hammered every game. Both games we have put up a good fight, disappointing we haven't been able to get a result.
Matt Leckie has been amazing out there for us, so happy to see how much he has progressed since his A-league days.
Also Cahill... Seriously he just continues to amaze us all. I can quite easily say he is Australia's greatest striker of all time 😊

Best match so far! I couldn't see the matches yesterday... how dissapointing/horrible was Brazil-Mexico??

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

poklane said:
Burek said:
Excellent match. Great effort by Australia. You are still not eliminated, but it's quite a long shot. You need Spain to win first...

The only way would be for Spain to win tonight, but then Australia has to defeat Spain and the Netherlands have to beat Chili.

Everything is possible. Not very probable, one in a million, but still it's a chance. It will be clearer in about 3 hours.