By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Eh. Been a little let down by this.

Some good play but noone really pushing.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

okayish game. Not overly enjoyable but watchable.

Lafiel said:
elazz said:
What is that the Mexicans say each time the goalkeeper does a goal kick. They wave their hands and say something the moment he shoots. I love it but I don't know what they say and why? :p

from what I gather in the gaf thread it might be "puto" (?)

Really :p haha, nice

Would be annoying as hell than for the opponent keeper though. But it is al for fun they stated I think

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Still don't know why everyone is betting on Brazil. They're playing confident and stable but there is not really any innovative gameplay. Their attacks are quite obvious and it looks more like they're waiting for Mexico to make an error rather than to be able to produce a goal themselves.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Brazil's perfomance is disappointing just like the last time... How shocking!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

well 2-2 aint gonn be it booh crappy gae

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

elazz said:
What is that the Mexicans say each time the goalkeeper does a goal kick. They wave their hands and say something the moment he shoots. I love it but I don't know what they say and why? :p

Sometimes they say Culo, and others Puto

haha just google the words to know what they are. 

Game just needs 1 goal to open up.

Brazil are nervous.

Well only reason I'm even considering Brazil is the solely fact that they're the host country.
The team doesn't have the quality as the '02 team. Neymar is their only super superstar and even he isn't (yet) on the level of a Ronaldo, Kaka, Ronaldinho or Rivaldo in their prime.

Also the top European teams have done far better in '06 and '10. Therefore I really don't see another reason.

To me (in no particular order) Netherlands, Germany, Italy and Spain (yes, still) are the most likely to win it. I would put Brazil behind them.

Carl2291 said:
Game just needs 1 goal to open up.

Brazil are nervous.

They don't look nervous to me. Just without a gameplan.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.