By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Giroud is a very good target striker, I don't get why he is so underrated. Solid goal per minute ratio, saved our asses many many times with important goals and he's been great for his national team. I hope he does well at Chelsea. I wanted him to stay at Arsenal though 😔

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Mahrez is apparently "depressed" and isn't turning up to training now. Don't really feel any sympathy for him, or any player in a similar situation though. Is it really that hard to either sign only short term contracts so if you want to leave you can just wait until the contract expires and go on a free, or alternatively to refuse to sign any contract that doesn't have a (reasonable) release clause in it?

I feel like he's tried to leave every window, but yeah buckle up and play. I'm sure he could get his move in the summer. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Ka-pi96 said:
Mahrez is apparently "depressed" and isn't turning up to training now. Don't really feel any sympathy for him, or any player in a similar situation though. Is it really that hard to either sign only short term contracts so if you want to leave you can just wait until the contract expires and go on a free, or alternatively to refuse to sign any contract that doesn't have a (reasonable) release clause in it?

... Hey Leicester fans... see how it feels? :P

I'm not bitter.

Hmm, pie.

Us in the KNVB Cup the past 3 seasons:

- 12 home matches
- 2 away matches
- 1 final (technically speaking neutral ground, but the final is in our stadium and we were designated as the home team)

If we once again reach the final we'll have played all 6 cup matches this season at our own stadium, although we've be designated as the away team in the final if we reach it.

Mahrez refusing to attend training and can face a £200k fine.

Come on man, that's embarrassing. Boo hoo.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

Anybody here following the MLS ?

Wow Liverpool got absolutely robbed. No way that was a penalty.

Very frustrating to root for Liverpool

Salah reminds of Torres, their first season with Liverpool is sensational. 

Last edited by LurkerJ - on 04 February 2018

mZuzek said:
Maynard_Tool said:

Do you believe liverpool is gonna win? I think a draw is more like it

about chelsea, apparently Conte was betting for Batshuayi on this game, and then suddenly the change of team screwed his secret weapon, causing chelsea’s defeat @ home.... yeah that’s the excuse

No excuse for getting beat 3-0 at home regardless of opposition, never mind Bournemouth.

I do believe Liverpool can beat Spurs, though I'm not expecting it.

That game had tied written all over it

Good game of football between Liverpool and Tottenham, Spurs were so lucky 2 penalties and honestly while the first definitely wasn't, the second was questionable to me. I know in the rules of the game you should 'kick' people but it's football, he was going to kick the ball, someone jumped in his way, how is he mean to react to that? He was ball watching after all. Oh well.

At least Saints won. Wooh.

Hmm, pie.