By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Ka-pi96 said:

The referees might need to get into that mentality too. I've never seen one play advantage for a foul inside the box before, it's either a penalty straight away or not at all. Besides, if they were to play advantage, where would you draw the line? If they still manage to get a shot away after a foul in the box but the shot misses, do they still get a penalty or was the shot their advantage already?

I really think we need harsher punishment for diving though. I know they've started retroactively banning players for clear dives without contact this season, but I still don't think it's enough. They should make it such a harsh punishment that people don't even think about diving just incase replays show there was no contact. Something like a 10 match ban could work.

You are right and it is a hard situation but why is it so easy in the middle of the field but not so close to the goal? I just wish players would nto fall or make it obvious like they do. If I fall over, I put my hands out, I try and stablise myself. Players? They flop, all of them, like they don't have arms.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

loool Mike Dean at it again. How the fuck was that a second yellow for Bakayoko? There's something fishy going on with the refs lately...

We need VAR.

KiigelHeart said:
loool Mike Dean at it again. How the fuck was that a second yellow for Bakayoko? There's something fishy going on with the refs lately...

We need VAR.

I think the second was a yellow, the first wasn't.

Hmm, pie.

Ka-pi96 said:
Wyrdness said:

The rules state that a player has to interfere with the current play in which as the official explained in the link the current play was the pass to Kane, when Lovren intercepted the ball that became classed as a new set of play which negated Kane being offside. The official has highlighted this is explained to managers every season so again you don't have a leg to stand on here its time to get over it.

You still haven't answered the question. Would Lovren have attempted to clear that ball if Kane hadn't been stood behind him?

Unless you can say yes with 100% certainty (which unless you yourself are Lovren, you can't) then you can't categorically say that Kane wasn't interfering with play.

Yes he would have, the ball is heading in his direction so he would have interacted with it some way with or without Kane.

Again move on both the rules and an official have explain that part even if you refuse to accept it.

mZuzek said:
Wyrdness said:

Yes he would have, the ball is heading in his direction so he would have interacted with it some way with or without Kane.

lol

Still salty scouse.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Wyrdness said:

Still salty scouse.

Of course I'm salty and with good reason, but what you're saying makes no sense. No defender in a situation like that (under pressure with 5 minutes on the clock) would try a rash clearance when the ball is potentially out of reach if it's just rolling straight back to the keeper. No, not even Lovren.

And as I've said before, this whole debate is really pointless, because Kane dived anyway, just as Lamela did for the second penalty, when he was also offside. If this was your team, wouldn't you be salty? You know, when Kane says "I went down because that's football", that's the most infuriating and depressing thing one could read. You'd like to think football would be characterized by moments of brilliance like Wanyama's goal or Salah's second, but no, football is diving. Great lesson learned.

Edit: also, I'm not scouse lol.

Here's how logic of the game works the ball is only heading there because it was passed meaning if not Kane someone else would have been the target as that scenario is the ball being played forward, Lovren should have been aware Kane was offside so shouldn't have gone for it instead he panicked and cause a new state of play that stopped Kane from being offside, this isn't under what I'm saying it's under the rules of the game and what an official who knows the rules have said and what is explained to managers before each season, this is something no matter how salty your are and how much you refuse to accept it can't be disputed.

What about Kane going down have we been talking about that? No so moan to someone else about it, fact is VAR is the result of people moaning about refs and decisions for years now it's here to give extra scrutiny and suddenly people are up in arms for what they asked be careful what you wish for had the situation been in reverse and Spurs had concede that penalty many of the scouse following would be behind it after all VAR nearly saved them in a previous game.

Blame history the only team with more rights to a white jersey are the french

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Ka-pi96 said:
Seeing England's new World Cup kits I've gotta ask... why are international kits always so shit?

It's like this team wears a plain white shirt, this other team also wears a plain white shirt, this third team wears a plain blue shirt and so on. They couldn't be any more boring if they tried! I'd love a country to actually play in a unique kit, it would make a welcome change from the shit we usually have!

Nike kits, they are dull. Other companies do better jobs of it. Most adidas ones have some detailing and I'm liking Columbia. And look up Senegal's current kits. Not sure they'll go with that in the World Cup.

I think there was a stat somewhere once where in tournaments, England do better if playing in red too. :P

Hmm, pie.

Ka-pi96 said:
Seeing England's new World Cup kits I've gotta ask... why are international kits always so shit?

It's like this team wears a plain white shirt, this other team also wears a plain white shirt, this third team wears a plain blue shirt and so on. They couldn't be any more boring if they tried! I'd love a country to actually play in a unique kit, it would make a welcome change from the shit we usually have!

This one's pretty cool. It was Mexico's 1998 World Cup uniform.

Ka-pi96 said:
HomokHarcos said:

This one's pretty cool. It was Mexico's 1998 World Cup uniform.

That's the issue though. It looks awesome, but why was it only for 1998?

And @The Fury Senegal's kit does indeed look good. It's a white kit, but it's not a plain mindnumbingly boring one. A good white kit can be done!

Cameroon in 2014 was also very nice.

Last edited by HomokHarcos - on 08 February 2018