By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

LurkerJ said: 

Sane out for a month?

I missed that bit. Is he out, I have him in my fantasy team, should probably remove him.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

Anyways, I guess this is Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool in the end. Everytime you think they're the real deal, they begin losing games pathetically and doing everything wrong. And everytime you're sick and tired of them being crap and Klopp looking like a total loser, they begin winning games again.

I'm pretty sure Liverpool have been like that long before Klopp arrived you lot have been doing this dance since the Houllier days.

Liga MX might be my favourite football league in the world if they didn't have the stupid Apertura and Clausura. I can't stand there being 2 champions every year.

Ka-pi96 said:
HomokHarcos said:

Liga MX might be my favourite football league in the world if they didn't have the stupid Apertura and Clausura. I can't stand there being 2 champions every year.

I can agree with that, it's a stupid system. I was really disappointed when the J League tried the same thing, thankfully people hated it enough for them to go back to a regular league champion system after 2 seasons.

I didn't know the J. League switched back. I'm glad to know that they did. It was actually the reason I payed no attention to the J League the past two years. This was Wikipedia's explanation, "In 2017, the single-table format returned due to a negative reaction from hardcore fans and a failure to appeal to casual fans."

But it looks my favourite Japanese team Gamba Osaka played like crap last season, so I didn't miss out anyway (still play better than Middlesbrough though)!

HomokHarcos said:

May I ask why? I mean, Im from México and it definetely wouldnt be my favorite even with a long tournament

Around the Network
Maynard_Tool said:
HomokHarcos said:

May I ask why? I mean, Im from México and it definetely wouldnt be my favorite even with a long tournament

I like how competitive the league is, it's harder to predict who will win. I'm more familiar with Mexican geography than I am with European countries, so the different cities facing off against each other interests me.

The fans are also attractive as a bonus.

Ka-pi96 said:
HomokHarcos said:

I like how competitive the league is, it's harder to predict who will win. I'm more familiar with Mexican geography than I am with European countries, so the different cities facing off against each other interests me.

That's not unique to Mexico

The geography part makes sense though. Always easier to relate to teams if you know where they're from.

I'm even more familiar with Canada and the US, but I could never get into the MLS and I'm angry that there are teams in the southern US that couldn't support NHL teams that are now able to fill MLS stadiums.

The Premier League is still my favourite though, even though my favourite team Middlesbrough have only been in the Premier League once since I started watching football. I would make it a ritual to watch a game every weekend if I was able to wake up at 8.

West Brom this weekend, West Brom in 3 weeks time. Last week it was Watford one weekend, then Watford a week later. Some kind of weird pattern. I should go to one of these games but I'm being really... lazy recently.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
LurkerJ said: 

Sane out for a month?

I missed that bit. Is he out, I have him in my fantasy team, should probably remove him.

Out for about 2 months, actually. 

HomokHarcos said:
Maynard_Tool said:

I guess everyone can have different opinions. But not for me, of course I watch it but the competition sucks, games mostly bad (until la liguilla, thats when they really make an effort) and there’s no reward for being the best team in the season. Still, good to know someone else in here watches liga mx