By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Black Suarez tearing it up this season. Not looking forward to the Liverpool game we'll soon.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

We are so bad now we even make Liverpool look like a good team. Unreal, it's like they aren't even trying to play.

Wyrdness said:
LurkerJ said:
Good websites for watching highlights? It's too early to follow full matches

http://www.footytube.com/

I also found this one: http://footyroom.com/

Salah was great! Coutinho can go

Did Arsenal even try to get at least a point from this match?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Tbh Mane has emerged as the next attacking force in Liverpool, sell Coutinho and have your scouts bring in a cheap but potentially good future prospect.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Good result for Liverpool. Delighted to see arsenal lose too

I think even Arsenal fans should be delighted too. The sooner Wenger goes, the sooner they might have a chance at becoming an actual team again.

Fans shouldn't be delighted to see their team throwing a game away without any effort. But yea I want Wenger gone now even though I'm not sure if he is the issue. Something has to change. They can do better than that. Of course playing 3atb with one proper defender isn't helping and Xhaka and Ramsey are a disaster together. But we don't have a good defensive mid. And not enough good defenders. It will take a while to sort out this mess.

mZuzek said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
Black Suarez tearing it up this season. Not looking forward to the Liverpool game we'll soon.

Black Suarez? More like black Pelé.

Seriously though, Arsenal is a joke.

I saw Suarez due to the liverpool connection. I wouldn't comopare him to Pele just yet aha 

I feel sorry for their fans they have so much potential but a dead board and manager.
Why isn't Lacazette starting? Why isn't Kolasinac LWB why is a left back playing in a 3 man CB Partnership why is Welbeck starting, why is Ox on the left. Why are their players contracts being run down. 

Etc. Etc. 

Also a little 'haha' to Tottenham today. (Although screw you guys for ruining my accumulator, how can you not beat Burnley at home??

Wembley is turning into a nightmare for Spurs, I remember when Arsenal first left Highbury for the Emirates and they had a difficult season. As someone mentioned going to play Spurs away is going to be like a cup much for many teams.

RolStoppable said:
Dortmund leads the Bundesliga after two matchdays. The other three teams with six points:

Bayern Munich - Yes, nobody is surprised.
Hamburg - Huge shock. They are one of only two Bundesliga teams that got eliminated in the first round of the DFB Cup, so there was rampant doom-mongering only ten days ago.
Hannover - Returned from the 2. Bundesliga and are off to a good start.

Meanwhile, Werder Bremen sits in last place. At least they lost to Hoffenheim and Bayern, so it's hard to justify doom yet. My two top picks for relegation this year are Augsburg and Mainz. Both teams barely escaped last year and both teams haven't really improved. Before the season started, I'd have thrown in Hamburg too, but now I am inclined to believe that they can finish safely in rank 10-12.

My team has been poaching talent from German clubs, so I'll be sure to keep an eye out on those 2 in particular.