By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Iran - Nigeria 0:1
Germany - Portugal 3:1
Ghana - USA 2:1

I'm not sure, it's really hard to predict even result.

Around the Network

Germany 3 - 2 Portugal
Iran 1 - 2 Nigeria
Ghana 3 - 1 USA

My predictions, for tomorrow.

Scisca said:
Slarvax said:
Anfebious said:

Not much of a fan but I like to watch the world cup matches a lot!

Well, let me tell you that everybody thought that this might be Messi's best WC... THOUGHT! >:)

Well, let me tell you that this probably is his best WC...

I still stick to my guns and predict Brasil to win it all. Netherlands were dangerous, but it's way too early, they still have too many opportunities to mess it all up. I'm also very interested in what Belgium shows us. Still, European teams always play shit outside of Europe. Lat WC was the first ever held outside of Europe that a European team won.

The worst thing I see is that there are almost no good strikers present at the tournament. Nearly every single good striker isn't there or isn't really there.

Lewandowski, Ibrahimović, Falcao, Costa (he's just a tourist), Suarez (still isn't capable of playing, the team is using a smoke screen telling us that he's "almost there"). All absent or incapable of playing anything worth watching. The only ones present are Van Persie and Agüero. Such a crisis at this spot :(

Cavani is easily as good as the ones you listed. Benzema and Balotelli too probably. And then there is the lower, but still very good, tier: Klose, Ibisevic, Dzeko, Drogba, Lukaku, Higuain.

Fun site to look at the chances teams have to advance to the next round, who knows where they are getting the numbers from.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/interactives/world-cup/

Nintendo and PC gamer

I hope full dedicated strikers die out. I very much like what Germany is doing. Gomez seems to be out forever and Klose won't last much longer. Everyone else is offensive middlefield. We're practically starting with a 4-2-4 where the 4 middle fielders have all the same chances of scoring. It's a highly variable playstyle.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
osed125 said:

Fun site to look at the chances teams have to advance to the next round, who knows where they are getting the numbers from.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/interactives/world-cup/

That's really interesting indeed. Though those numbers are kinda stupid, basically they're implying everyone who won in the first round is going through, everyone who lost is already out.

I'm just having fun looking at some "prediction" sites. Here's another one, this one seems to be more balanced.

http://football-lab.com/

Nintendo and PC gamer

Germany 2-1 Portugal
Iran 0 - 3 Nigeria
Ghana 2 - 1 USA

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Germany - Portugal 3:0
Iran - Nigeria 0:0
Ghana - USA 3:2

Germany- Portugal (3-1)
Ghana- USA (1-3) ( 1-2)
Nigeria- Iran ( 2-1)

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

The first game today should be something special.

Germany 2 - 1 Portugal
Iran 1 - 0 Nigeria
Ghana 2 - 1 USA

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.