By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Pretty funny stuff.

Around the Network

So, Americans rooting against USA
I guess #1 answer in rooting for would be Mexico...

Also, tonight I'll get to play a bit of Watch Dogs before going to bed before midnight. Those 2 evening games should be watched only as a punishment...

Germany - Portugal 3-1
Iran - Nigeria 0-1
Ghana - Usa 1-1

I know I am a few days late but before the second round starts...:

OMG HOLLAND...

Never would have guessed although this is the only way they could play. Defend and pray for Robben and van Persie to have a brilliant moment.
Things will be different against Australia but the Dutch team may be on fire and actually play a good game on wednesday.

Argentina sucked balls yesterday, Messi sucked even more balls. Was it tension? He didn't even move the first half.

So far there is only one team that actually had a promising start and that would be the Dutch. Maybe tonight the Germans will show themselves as another candidate for the WC. And Belgium tomorrow.

Well, Argentina also failed at proving their status as a favorite. I am disappointed, and also because yesterday netted me only 6 points. Germany is now the only 'favorite' left that can definitively cement their status where every other failed, but they have a hard match to do it in. Predictions:

Germany 3-2 Portugal
Iran 0-1 Nigeria
Ghana 2-2 United States of America

Around the Network
chocoloco said:

Pretty funny stuff.

I like the Russian answers, the 2nd answer to win is Russia, the 2nd to root against is Russia. Same with Japan.

Hmm, pie.

That Argentina match was so damn boring! With the exception of that one goal, Messi's perfomance was simply LACKLUSTER!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

That Argentina match was so damn boring! With the exception of that one goal, Messi's perfomance was simply LACKLUSTER!

Don't worry the media will still drool over it for a while to come yet. Messi this, Messi that. Ignoring the great performances of the enter Bosnian team and the Argentine defence keeping the score as it was.

Hmm, pie.

germany 2 v 1 portugal
iran 0 v 2 nigeria
ghana 1 v usa 1

looking at that chocolo list,i've never know any russian rivalry for football in england, odd answer

netherlands root against iran ? more like germany

Above & Beyond

I think Joe Hart wants the fucking ball!!!
https://vine.co/v/MIH3hdTKujE