By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Proud of the US to make the semi finals with a hard fought win over Ecuador. All those suspensions will make taking on Argentina/Venezuela a massive challenge. Maybe one of our young guys can come on and surprise. In any event hope Jurgen learned consistency in line up and playing to our strengths is the way forward in qualifying.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
vivster said:

It's not about winning. We only send our 2nd team to the tournament to rough up future opponents.

In that case though, your second team should switch from Trikotzupfen to Blutgrätsche.

Cannot break the rules of the tournament. The highlights are left for the last 5 minutes.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

ouch. Turkey getting steamrolled.

Scisca said:

That's not what I meant. The Russian consulate in Marseilles confirmed that a 51-years-old English fan died after being in a coma due to severe brain damage, after Russians beat his head with an iron bar multiple times. I believe his name is Andrew Bache.

http://112.international/sport/euro-2016-british-fan-dies-after-fight-with-russians-in-marseille-5999.html

It was proven to be false

http://www.sport.pl/euro2016/1,136510,20259268,euro-2016-angielski-kibic-pobity-przez-rosjan-jednak-zyje.html

vivster said:

But what can you do against the great nation of Poland.

Great what ? xD

Around the Network

Wow, I actually undershot a prediction this time.

Will people finally realize that Spain is one of the favorites? I've seen few people mentioning that, but after yesterday maybe the perception will change a little bit at least?

Anyway, I'm pumped for tomorrow... hopefully Belgium learns how to score a goal and Austria wins.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

It will be Germany or Italy that will win this competition. I predict that England will lose on penalties again. 

I enjoyed Spains match and the stats are becoming silly, the last goal against them was in 2012 their opening match 1-1 against Italy. I feel like Belgium should play as Spain their defense is a bit crippled but Spain's defense is playing offensive. Anyway next match I predict 2-1 for Ireland.

I was a bit worried with so many teams at the EC but I am enjoying it. So many big teams are struggling.

Okay was a good match and not easy against a defensive team but could have been better. I don't understand why they not always choose to play more offensive like spain.