By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry confirms MK8 720p, No AA

*sigh*

"Fist-sized pixels" 190 35.78%

"But it looks AMAZI... 326 61.39%

Total:516
hsrob said:

56 reviews saying the game is great, most also stating it looks great. One of the highest rated games this year.

1 review stating the game has no AA (most of us knew it was 720p) and people start losing their minds, with the predictable bevvy of naysayers saying I told you the WiiU sucks etc. etc.

People need to make their own judgement, in person, about how the game looks if this kind of thing really matters to them. I sincerely hope that most of the people in this thread 'genuinely complaining' are trolls, because if this kind of thing affects truly affects your decision to purchase a game like this, then I am sorry for you.

You have to allow for the bias because it's a Mario game.  Reviewers aren't expecting cutting edge graphics in a MK game.

But for an 8th gen game, the lack of AA should be mentioned in every review.  It's not Wii ffs.  It won't put me off buying it, but it will annoy me.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
PigPen said:
gooch_destroyer said:
PigPen said:
I don't believe them, this is Nintendo we are talking about. People would do anything to try to make this game not sell.

lol c'mon now.

At first Digital Foundry confirmed that Mario Kart ran 1080p at 60fps.  Now it's 720p at 59 fps. That alone makes me a non-believer.  Out of all the reviews that's out now Digital Foundry comes out with this.  But it's not really that serious, the game is going off and sell anyway.

Maybe you should apply to write for DigitalFoundry then, PigPen?   Show them how it's done?

just got more reasons not to pick this up for the Wii U /s

no one has said that though.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

ICStats said:
hsrob said:

56 reviews saying the game is great, most also stating it looks great. One of the highest rated games this year.

1 review stating the game has no AA (most of us knew it was 720p) and people start losing their minds, with the predictable bevvy of naysayers saying I told you the WiiU sucks etc. etc.

People need to make their own judgement, in person, about how the game looks if this kind of thing really matters to them. I sincerely hope that most of the people in this thread 'genuinely complaining' are trolls, because if this kind of thing affects truly affects your decision to purchase a game like this, then I am sorry for you.

You have to allow for the bias because it's a Mario game.  Reviewers aren't expecting cutting edge graphics in a MK game.

But for an 8th gen game, the lack of AA should be mentioned in every review.  It's not Wii ffs.  It won't put me off buying it, but it will annoy me.

By all means it should be mentioned, people have a right be informed, but I don't think it's cause for this level of reaction. 

I think much of the overreaction is from people who were not interested in the game in the first place and are just using it as an another excuse to rain on the WiiU parade.

Maybe now the few who said WiiU was close to X1 in power can shut up. I have my doubts it is even as powerful as the 360 or PS3.

Around the Network

Really, if you have a Wii U and you won't pick up MK8 I don't think you would have picked it up anyway.

The free digital game code in the box is all the more reason to pick this up.

My 8th gen collection

brendude13 said:
prayformojo said:
brendude13 said:

Nobody should have been expecting 1080p. Some fans really jumped the gun after that Eurogamer article.

Footage still looked great.

Can you blame Wii-U owners? It's got to get depressing after awhile having so much negative news hitting you in the face 24/7.

Negative news is posted about almost every console. This isn't a special case.

Having your console of choice sell at sub Dreamcast levels is definitely a special case lol

padib said:
I'm not gonna buy it now. *crosses arms* :(

Your avatar is this thread in a nutshell. Lol, perfect.

gooch_destroyer said:

Haha, I saw this on padibs avatar, thought it was his find or creation. I must give credit where it is due: well done! That is how some are acting in this thread, but you should make one with the aa too...