*sigh*

"Fist-sized pixels" 190 35.78%

"But it looks AMAZI... 326 61.39%

Total:516
vivster said:
Hedra42 said:
vivster said:
gladiator said:

i was looking at the full resolution pics from the digitail foundry article, and holy hell is the game ugly when your not moving fast.

That's what I've been saying all along. It looks amazing... if you look at the tiny screens and videos. Once you blow it up on a big 1080p screen it rears its ugly head.

But most people who praise the game's visuals don't bother doing that.

I was looking at the full resolution pics, and I get that stuff like this will show when blown up on a big screen. But will it be an issue? I don't know. I'm not going to be playing the game standing 18 inches away from that screen.

Scrutinise anything hard enough and there will be holes to pick - me, I'll reserve my judgement until I put the disc into my Wii U.

Having a sizable library of PS3 games I don't have to wait to see how it will look like on my tv. There are plenty of examples for games with 720p and no AA. TLOU had 720p with very weak AA and I hated it for that(the game was great but it was held back by hardare limitations). Now MK presents us the whole thing without AA. My standards did not deminish over the past year so MK8 has to go up against that. Weak or nonexistant AA were the reasons why I never could get into Darksiders or Dragon's Dogma.

I've learned to look past that kind of stuff on consoles in general, can't be asking for PC quality stuff on them, or you'd never be able to enjoy console exclusives.

Around the Network
vivster said:
TheSting said:
vivster said:
TheSting said:
Does it look like that in motion?

Probably worse since you will see the stairs flicker thanks to no AA.

You talking bout stars, right? My ass went looking for stairs lol. I was thinking that wont be good.

Probably but probably not

I meant stairs, which that screen I showed you pretty much consists of.

Stairs? Where am i overlooking stairs? Fuck i cant see

HoloDust said:
KoopaKid said:
I guess artistic style trumps realisim i dont understand why people want real in video games dont we want a break from real life and the graphics whores are killing this gen i give 2 craps about graphics all about gameplay halo 2 looks terrible compared to today but i still love it for gameplay

Here's a mental exercise - imagine another version of this game, with the same art style, but on PS4 grade hardware. Would the gameplay be any better? No. Would it look (much) better? Yes.

Which version do you prefer?

Bottom line is, while gfx technical shortcomings of MK8 are nothing to be to bothered much about (at least for me), better hardware would surely provide for more enjoyable experience.

Wii U because I don't have to pay for PS+ for online play A free online service is much more attractive, at least for me. Just saying lol....

setsunatenshi said:
what's funnier was reading the comments from some Nintendo fans trying to rub the MK 1080p/60fps on the thread about Drive Club a couple of weeks ago :)

though admittedly low resolution doesn't make a game unplayable, there's something as visual standards in 2014 that we didn't have in 94.

Having said that...

this still kicks so much ass!! :D

30fps is still kind of funny though, lol. 

BTW, 16 bit era was awesome! Produced some of the best aged games to date gameplay wise and graphically.

vivster said:
binary solo said:
OMG! This and 59fps surely must mean mass pre-order cancellations.

It's a massive visual upgrade on MK Wii so it doesn't really matter what the final details are.

Still, shuts up those fanatics who were claiming that 1080p 60fps MK U showed the trU POWAH of the U! which is a good thing. It's time for Wii U fans to stop talking about powah and just focus on the games and be happy with HDness in their games in whatever form.

As someone who has played MK Wii on an emulator with 1080p60 and cranked up AA I say this is a severe downgrade from my last MK experience.

Depends on what you are looking at though, MKWii has less details and less effects, the massive AA and AF boost on Dolphin does help but it doesn't have the extra bells and whistles, the good news is that they are using the same Power PC cores and DX10-11 grade hardware so maybe it'd be easy for the devs to make Dolphin play MK8 in the future with Wii U emulation, at least in SP or Local MP modes.

Around the Network
dahuman said:
HoloDust said:
KoopaKid said:
I guess artistic style trumps realisim i dont understand why people want real in video games dont we want a break from real life and the graphics whores are killing this gen i give 2 craps about graphics all about gameplay halo 2 looks terrible compared to today but i still love it for gameplay

Here's a mental exercise - imagine another version of this game, with the same art style, but on PS4 grade hardware. Would the gameplay be any better? No. Would it look (much) better? Yes.

Bottom line is, while gfx technical shortcomings of MK8 are nothing to be to bothered much about (at least for me), better hardware would surely provide for more enjoyable experience.

Wii U because I don't have to pay for PS+ for online play A free online service is much more attractive, at least for me. Just saying lol....

LOL, I said PS4 grade hardware, not PS4 per se.

Hell, even if they went through with that rumour (way before WiiU was revealed) of 4850 level GPU (which is some 2.5x weaker than PS4's GPU in real-life tests), it would be more than enough.

HoloDust said:
dahuman said:
HoloDust said:

LOL, I said PS4 grade hardware, not PS4 per se.

Hell, even if they went through with that rumour (way before WiiU was revealed) of 4850 level GPU (which is some 2.5x weaker than PS4's GPU in real-life tests), it would be more than enough.

Yeah well I want everything on PC with all tweaking options there for me to fuck around with, but life is not always so perfect.

WiiU fans should stay out of the graphics wars, it's only going to end badly. Besides Nintendo games have always been about gameplay, I didn't even realize they cared so much about graphics.

brendude13 said:

Nobody should have been expecting 1080p. Some fans really jumped the gun after that Eurogamer article.

Footage still looked great.

Can you blame Wii-U owners? It's got to get depressing after awhile having so much negative news hitting you in the face 24/7.

Well at least MK8 still comes with an extra free game, I'll get Game&Wario. That is a 1080p/60fps game isn't it?