By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry confirms MK8 720p, No AA

*sigh*

"Fist-sized pixels" 190 35.78%

"But it looks AMAZI... 326 61.39%

Total:516

720p is fine and I expected that.

But it's no AA that's the real kicker. That's horrible and shoddy of Nintendo. Not enough to ruin the game of course, but quite disappointing.

Around the Network
vivster said:
TheSting said:
Does it look like that in motion?

Probably worse since you will see the stairs flicker thanks to no AA.

You talking bout stars, right? My ass went looking for stairs lol. I was thinking that wont be good.

Probably but probably not

TheSting said:
vivster said:
TheSting said:
Does it look like that in motion?

Probably worse since you will see the stairs flicker thanks to no AA.

You talking bout stars, right? My ass went looking for stairs lol. I was thinking that wont be good.

Probably but probably not

I meant stairs, which that screen I showed you pretty much consists of.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

i have a question for the "wii u=xbox360+tablet controller" people... Do you have any proves that MK8 is pushing wii u to the limits? keep trying

We reap what we sow

OMG! This and 59fps surely must mean mass pre-order cancellations.

It's a massive visual upgrade on MK Wii so it doesn't really matter what the final details are.

Still, shuts up those fanatics who were claiming that 1080p 60fps MK U showed the trU POWAH of the U! which is a good thing. It's time for Wii U fans to stop talking about powah and just focus on the games and be happy with HDness in their games in whatever form.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Roar_Of_War said:

720p is fine and I expected that.

But it's no AA that's the real kicker. That's horrible and shoddy of Nintendo. Not enough to ruin the game of course, but quite disappointing.

In a fast paced game like a kart racer do you really have time to notice lack of AA? In most games when I'm fully immersed in gameplay I don't notice teh jaggies at all at all, it's just when there are calm patches where you can take a breath and look around that teh jaggies become noticeable.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:

It's a massive visual upgrade on MK Wii so it doesn't really matter what the final details are.

Still, shuts up those fanatics who were claiming that 1080p 60fps MK U showed the trU POWAH of the U! which is a good thing. It's time for Wii U fans to stop talking about powah and just focus on the games and be happy with HDness in their games in whatever form.

As someone who has played MK Wii on an emulator with 1080p60 and cranked up AA I say this is a severe downgrade from my last MK experience.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

what's funnier was reading the comments from some Nintendo fans trying to rub the MK 1080p/60fps on the thread about Drive Club a couple of weeks ago :)

though admittedly low resolution doesn't make a game unplayable, there's something as visual standards in 2014 that we didn't have in 94.

Having said that...

this still kicks so much ass!! :D

vivster said:
binary solo said:

As someone who has played MK Wii on an emulator with 1080p60 and cranked up AA I say this is a severe downgrade from my last MK experience.

And you probably represent about 0.01% of the MK Wii player base. So my point is valid for 99.9% of MK Wii players.

Jimi Hendrix

fps_d0minat0r said:
dahuman said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
The low resolution and lack of AA would be understandable if the actual graphics were impressive, but even they are below average.

I don't know man, I haven't seen a Kart racer looking this good at 60FPS on consoles at 720p yet, I mean, I don't know what the fuck Rare or Media Molecule are doing these days, but they sure haven't topped MK8 yet on awesomeness. Hell, they never even topped MKWii on actual gameplay on duct taped Gamecubes, so I don't know if graphics is really the key thing, then again, I actually do play a lot of games that are spread across different platforms, so maybe I just don't see games the same way as a company focused person.

Youre the one talking about different companies and studios so clearly you are focused more on that than the facts which DF presented.

I've always known that the game is 720p with no AA so that part clearly never really bothered me and I never understood why people went crazy over speculating it being 1080p to start with. Your post had a few problems in it's own if that's your reply since it'd make your original post to not make any sense at all. What's average? What are you comparing it to or with? Where is your actual valid argument? Are you comparing MK8 to the likes of Uncharted or Halo where the comparison wouldn't even make sense or are you comparing to the same genre. I'm primarily a PC gamer with a pretty decent rig and I can't even say that MK8 looks "below average" because that'd be ridiuclous. You said something baseless with no examples to back up your supposed claim or opinion then reply with confirmation that you are baseless other than possible bias. That's not how you get respect, that's just straight up trolling that's too obivous which is worth about 0/100.