By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does Sony win every generation by default?

Play4Fun said:
think-man said:
Play4Fun said:

To quote you, " it can't be proven, thus it's an opinion"

Sure, avoiding the $599 price and difficult to develop for hardware would have benefitted PS3, but it's not like MS stumbled on success with 360.

They took steps to get where they were:

. They made sure they got out of the gate before Sony

.They bought third party exclusive content

. They made sure they had the best online system

. They did pretty well with using Kinect to boost sales mid-gen.

So yeah, while PS3 would have taken/kept some of  360's consumers had it not been for the hardware development problems or $599 fuck up, you can't prove it would have sold $110-120m otherwise, can ya. MS weren't sitting on their ass and doing nothing to push 360's success.

I should probably end with something snarky similar to good day, sir but I'm not in the mood for that .

Yeah I can't prove it, but you can't prove that it wouldn't have either. We can only speculate thus making it an opinion and not a fact.

Well, I proved my point about Wii's sales.
So I win the argument and you lose.

How's that for snarky? Good day, sir.

But I was never arguing about the Wii's sales? so how can I lose lol you're a very confused man. I was always talking about the PS3 vs xbox so you can win the argument you were having with yourself xD

Around the Network

Mmmmm.... Nintendo wins by default cause it's the only company that manages to get ridiculously high profits out of every single generation, something that neither of the other companies can say... Now WiiU being profitable to Nintendo and the always ridiculous amount of Sofware Nintendo sells, most likely they will be back in black with a whole lot of cash going straight to the bank.

Welcome to reality where the real winner is the one who makes more money.

think-man said:
Play4Fun said:

But I was never arguing about the Wii's sales? so how can I lose lol you're a very confused man. I was always talking about the PS3 vs xbox so you can win the argument you were having with yourself xD

think-man said:

Play4Fun said:

think-man said:

I mean that Sony lost the gen through bad choices not that Nintendo won it through good ones. I think Sony would have had it in bag if they didn't F it up.

Nintendo won last gen because they made good decsions with the Wii, not because Sony fucked up PS3. What total nonsense.

Each to their own.

think-man said:

Play4Fun said:

think-man said:

Each to their own.

Each their own what? That was fact, not opinion.

No it can't be proven, thus it's an opinion :)

Good day sir.

Since I apparently had this argument with myself, i guess I must have logged on to your account to use it to bring Wii into the argument.

G'day, blah blah blah, whatever.

Play4Fun said:
think-man said:
Play4Fun said:

think-man said:

Play4Fun said:

think-man said:

Anfebious said:

think-man said:

I mean that Sony lost the gen through bad choices not that Nintendo won it through good ones. I think Sony would have had it in bag if they didn't F it up.

Nintendo won last gen because they made good decsions with the Wii, not because Sony fucked up PS3. What total nonsense.

Each to their own.

Since I apparently had this argument with myself, i guess I must have logged on to your account to use it.

Yeah but like I said Sony would have won the gen if they took out Xbox, and wii would have still had the same sales. I don't know how many ways I can type that, you don't seem to understand where I'm coming from. Wii wouldnt have "won the gen on their good decisions" because they would have been 2nd with the same sales. This never had anything do with with the Wii, it was always an argument between the Ps3 and 360.

Now if you can't understand that then I dunno where to go from here cause we are going in loops.

Good day Sir!!!!!

Play4Fun said:

Since I apparently had this argument with myself, i guess I must have logged on to your account to use it to bring Wii into the argument.

I don't see how you keep misunderstanding him. He means if Sony had done things right, the PS3 would have had more than the Wii's number (around 100 million). He did not claim that the Wii would have sold less he's just saying that if the PS3 was done right it would be above Wii that's what he means by Nintendo won because Sony messed up. 

Anyway the "what if" arguments are pointless. 

Around the Network
think-man said:
Play4Fun said:
think-man said:
Play4Fun said:

Yeah but like I said Sony would have won the gen if they took out Xbox, and wii would have still had the same sales. I don't know how many ways I can type that, you don't seem to understand where I'm coming from. Wii wouldnt have "won the gen on their good decisions" because they would have been 2nd with the same sales. This never had anything do with with the Wii, it was always an argument between the Ps3 and 360.

Now if you can't understand that then I dunno where to go from here cause we are going in loops.

Good day Sir!!!!!

Except originally that's not what you said. You simply posted

think-man said:

think-man said:
I always thought that Sony lost last gen not that Nintendo won it, Sony doesn't have to do jack except last gen when we saw them panic because they made so many mistakes.

Nothing about Xbox 360 or the Wii having the same sales, so the only way to read that is that you though thatt had Sony not fucked up PS3, Wii wouldn't have sold like it did instead PS3 would have dominated the sales chart

So don't be acting like you made yourself clear and people simply didn't understand. Next time try to be more thorough with your post so your meaning actually comes through, like you did afterwards:

No It's more to do with Xbox, the Wii would have sold the same amount but The PS3 would have been more successful against the xbox and maybe put another 30-40 million if it didn't let xbox get ahead. Contrary to what alot of people believe I don't really consider Sony and Nintendo home consoles to really be in battle with one another, they seem to want different markets. Sony and MS though and trying to get the same gamer.

Play4Fun said:
think-man said:
Play4Fun said:
think-man said:
Play4Fun said:

Good day Sir!!!!!

Except originally that's not what you said. You simply posted

think-man said:

think-man said:
I always thought that Sony lost last gen not that Nintendo won it, Sony doesn't have to do jack except last gen when we saw them panic because they made so many mistakes.

Nothing about Xbox 360 or the Wii having the same sales, so the only way to read that is that you though thatt had Sony not fucked up PS3, Wii wouldn't have sold like it did instead PS3 would have dominated the sales chart

So don't be acting like you made yourself clear and people simply didn't understand. Next time try to be more thorough with your post so your meaning actually comes through, like you did afterwards:

No It's more to do with Xbox, the Wii would have sold the same amount but The PS3 would have been more successful against the xbox and maybe put another 30-40 million if it didn't let xbox get ahead. Contrary to what alot of people believe I don't really consider Sony and Nintendo home consoles to really be in battle with one another, they seem to want different markets. Sony and MS though and trying to get the same gamer.

I'm just dumbfounded as to how Anfebious and Pavalink understood me but you didn't....Oh well, you even replied to my comment and said "Well, it makes more sense when you put it this way." then you suddenly forgot.

Uttly dumbfounded.

Play4Fun said:

Uhh...what? His point was very clear from the start. Don't blame him for your inability to comprehend his post.

Phantom-Lord said:
padib said:
Phantom-Lord said:

Again your post provea crap, post total WW ssoftware sales since 1995 for sony and nintendo....your post is meaningless. TotAL, meaning all software sales, including third party software..... Who has sold more hardware and software.

You don't know the numbers. Nintendo has been consistently at the top of the publishers list, even during the days of the PS and PS2... Above EA and Take Two, above Ubisoft.

Of course I don't have total WW software, nobody does...

However when the publisher tables were posted on vgcharts, Nintendo was always on top. You just can't know that since you're probably very young.

LOL it is obvious sony has more then double total hardware and software sales since 1995, the N64 and gamecube got rooled by sony as is the wii-u please.

Let's fact check that claim:

PS- 104.25 PS2- 157.68 PS3- 82.79 PSP- 80.78 Vita- 8.23 Total - 433.73
N64- 32.93GC- 21.74Wii- 101GBA- 81.51DS- 154.883DS- 44.50Total – 436.56

Yep looks like double to me.....

DucksUnlimited said:
Play4Fun said:

Uhh...what? His point was very clear from the start. Don't blame him for your inability to comprehend his post.

Id say, we are just going in circles when he even said at the start of the argument that it made sense then 5 minutes later it suddenly didn't make sense anymore lol