By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does Sony win every generation by default?

BraLoD said:
Anfebious said:
Phantom-Lord has a very accurate word to be described but I fear no one will understand the word.

It's a very cool word we use here in Argentina. It starts with a P.

You're from Argentina?
Hell yeah, I wait you in the fifa world cup final, you guys better reach it so we can make the best final ever. Brazil wins of course, but you know it :P

Yup!

I'm not a fan of football though but I do like the Fifa world cup. You know we are going to win though, it's our year. We have Messi, he won't let us down.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Anfebious said:

Yup!

I'm not a fan of football though but I do like the Fifa world cup. You know we are going to win though, it's our year. We have Messi, he won't let us down.

Messi and Barcelona already losed to Cristiano Ronaldo and Real Madrid this year, your time passed :P
But nice to see a "hermano" around here, you know how much we like you guys xD

We will see.

Nice to see an "hermano" in VG Chartz too! We like you too guys! Well... as much as you like us... .

PS: We are going to win, suck it.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

All depends on how you define the word "win". I would say Atari "lost" the 3rd generation. I would also say that SNK Playmore and Hudson Soft lost the 4th generation. During the 5th generation Atari managed to lose again. Sega finally lost in the 6th generation.

In the end all of the current big three will lose at some point. I define winning is being around to find for another generation. You seam to believe the a single victory should be considered winning. I would if you would consider a "Pyrrhic Victory" a win.

Games I have Finished

http://pastebin.com/eMdjSjFc

think-man said:
Play4Fun said:
think-man said:
Play4Fun said:
think-man said:
Anfebious said:
think-man said:

Each to their own.

Each their own what? That was fact, not opinion.

No it can't be proven, thus it's an opinion :)

Good day sir.

Wii's success was due to it's simple, accessible and intuitive controller, Launch software that made great use of that controller (WiiSports, Wii Fit, Wii Play), it's cheap $250 price point, and the fact that it targeted consumers that the industry, including Sony, were not targetting (Blue ocean vs red ocean).

Whatexactly would have made a difference in how it sold? Hhhmm?

padib said:
Phantom-Lord said:

Soy has   4 consoles - 3 of them dominated and sold more software then anyone, nintendo like their fans are living off their 80's early 90's years,

Sony did not publish the games that made the software sales of PS and PS2 eclipse that of the competition. Other companies did.

However, the numbers were known and are no longer listed, that Nintendo, as a publisher, was and always has ranked #1. I have never seen them bumped out of that position, though I believe the numbers were Year to Date (can't remember).

Again publishing games is NOT the only thing that matters, no matter how much you TRY to move the goal posts, doesn't make t so. Sony sold way more TOTAL software then nintendo could dream of. Of course they are #1, they have a 12 + year lead LOL.  Dpesnt mean shit now they are on the road to being irrelevant, keep living in the past.. That's not hating it's simple fact.

Fostering a platform that makes ALL software in the industry thrive is more important then only caring about your own.....If you cannot see why Nintendos apprach is a massive failure then that;'s pretty sad.

Around the Network
Phantom-Lord said:
padib said:
PosGamePlatformYearGenrePublisherNorth AmericaEuropeJapanRest 

Sunce sony has come to market....not hard to understand. Sony started in 1995, you fgoing back to duck hunt in the mid 80's try and keep up. Since sony started no one has sold moreconsole by a WIDE margin and Software. Listing nintendo software doesnt change that,

Wat? lol Nintendo always sold high software, even with lower install base. I think your being a little biased

tbone51 said:
Phantom-Lord said:
padib said:
PosGamePlatformYearGenrePublisherNorth AmericaEuropeJapanRest 

Sunce sony has come to market....not hard to understand. Sony started in 1995, you fgoing back to duck hunt in the mid 80's try and keep up. Since sony started no one has sold moreconsole by a WIDE margin and Software. Listing nintendo software doesnt change that,

Wat? lol Nintendo always sold high software, even with lower install base. I think your being a little biased

Seriously tbone? Just a "little" biased?

Phantom-Lord said:

Sunce sony has come to market....not hard to understand. Sony started in 1995, you fgoing back to duck hunt in the mid 80's try and keep up.

This includes the Wii and the DS, which came out after 1995. If you go lower in the list you will find Mario 64, which ranks higher than any sony game, even Gran Turismo.

Again your post proves nothng, post total WW ssoftware sales since 1995 for sony and nintendo....your post is meaningless. TotAL, meaning all software sales, including third party software..... Who has sold more hardware and software.

what planet do you live on whereonly exclusive software = sales? Sony moves way more software an hardware globally then nintendo by a large margin.,

WTF.... Bro, your wrong by a mile, Nintendo has huge SW sales. I dont kno why your making things up o.O

tbone51 said:
Phantom-Lord said:

Sunce sony has come to market....not hard to understand. Sony started in 1995, you fgoing back to duck hunt in the mid 80's try and keep up.

This includes the Wii and the DS, which came out after 1995. If you go lower in the list you will find Mario 64, which ranks higher than any sony game, even Gran Turismo.

Again your post proves nothng, post total WW ssoftware sales since 1995 for sony and nintendo....your post is meaningless. TotAL, meaning all software sales, including third party software..... Who has sold more hardware and software.

what planet do you live on whereonly exclusive software = sales? Sony moves way more software an hardware globally then nintendo by a large margin.,

WTF.... Bro, your wrong by a mile, Nintendo has huge SW sales. I dont kno why your making things up o.O

Umm they pale in comparison to Sonys total since they entered the console market in 1995, that's fact.

padib said:
Phantom-Lord said:
padib said:

Sony did not publish the games that made the software sales of PS and PS2 eclipse that of the competition. Other companies did.

However, the numbers were known and are no longer listed, that Nintendo, as a publisher, was and always has ranked #1. I have never seen them bumped out of that position, though I believe the numbers were Year to Date (can't remember).

Again publishing games is NOT the only thing that matters, no matter how much you TRY to move the goal posts, doesn't make t so. Sony sold way more TOTAL software then nintendo could dream of. Of course they are #1, they have a 12 + year lead LOL.  Dpesnt mean shit now they are on the road to being irrelevant, keep living in the past.. That's not hating it's simple fact.

I made the original post, to which you answered. I set the goalposts at that moment. If anything you have been effortless in trying to move them.

As for 12+ year lead, I thought I mentioned Year to Date. Do you know what that means?

Year to date? LOL. one particular year 6 months into a new gen? Talk to me after the big games like destiny drop, those goal posts.