By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A game series you were reluctant to get into

Skidonti said:
Still pretty reluctant to get into Persona or Animal Crossing for some reason, even though I think they might be good.
But I did like other SMT games, and I appreciate casual play, so I'll just have to try those two someday.

I'm also reluctant to get into Mass Effect, both because I'm not sure if the gameplay would actually be compelling to me and because everyone complains about the last one.

Persona is definitely worth looking into. I'd suggest P4: Golden if you have a PSV, if not start with P3: FES or regular P4. P1-2 are good on their own but are definitely more SMT than Persona, which has evolved into something a bit different over time. 

Animal Crossing is really fun. Although starting out can be kinda boring since you dont get access to a lot of things till a month or 2 in. 

Around the Network

Pokemon, I thought the concept was dumb. Jokes on me, I got hooked on it.

It took me a while to think of one, but then I remembered God of War. I thought it looked whatever but everyone said it was great, so some years ago I finally tried out the first one. I thought it was okay, though a little boring. I was interested enough to play for a few hours, but then not interested enough to pick it up again afterward. Just not my kind of game, I guess. Hacking and slashing just gets old.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

Guild wars 2. I always wanted to try, but I am not sure I have the patience and time for that kind of game-

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Halo

People go so crazy for the game I wanted to stay away from it. Tonight my buddies and I decided to play Halo 4. I hadn't played in a long time, because the game is so engrossing. I'm not the best shooter, but it's a fun game and I can see some of the reasons people get so into it.

After playing a few, I see why people get so crazy into it. It's a good game, with a great world and some amazing stories.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

Not a game series, but League of Legends! My asshole friends kept bugging me about it  until I decided to give it a try!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

StarOcean said:
BasilZero said:

The Persona series.

I've had numerous friends tell me how great it was and I should play it - but it took me until the year 2011 to actually try the series :P.

I've loved it so much that I've played Persona 1, Persona 2 Innocent Sin and Persona 3 Portable all in a row.

I've had difficulty playing Persona 2: Innocent Sin/the other half of Persona 2. I liked 1, and loved 3 & 4, but the 2 series is.. idk. I like the story but the battle system feels less exciting and the random encounter rate is annoyingly high. Idk probably just me, but I do like it the battle system and encounter rate turn me away from those 2 though x.x

I loved everything about Persona 4 Golden other than Valentine's Day. I just felt terrible after that. 

OT: Metroid. Didn't really appeal to me, but then I played I played Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, and I've been a huge fan ever since.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Dota.

In fact the entire Moba genre.

For some reason it was Zelda for me. I heard it was good and then decided to get the zelda windwaker hd wii u bundle and didn't regret it. That game was awesome and will get to the others eventually.

Still reluctant on rpg games in general like final fantasy and persona

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Uncharted, it just didn't seem interesting at first, but then came Victor Sullivan. . .