By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A game series you were reluctant to get into

I find stealth and the third person viewpoint a bit crap most of the time so I waited a long time to get gears of war and mass effect but enjoyed them when I finally got them even though I know I would have enjoyed them more with a first person perspective. Still not found a stealth game I've enjoyed though unless its just a tiny section of a game.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy - I actually used to take the piss out of it quite a bit, until I played my step-brother's copy of FFVII. I was hooked within minutes.

Persona - I played Persona 3 for a bit and it never really felt appealing. Decided to buy Persona 4 Golden and was blown away by it.

The Elder Scrolls (Skyrim) - I played Oblivion and absolutely hated it. Just a month after launch, Skyrim was going for half price so I decided to give it a try. I put 8 hours into it on the first day.

Grand Theft Auto. I tried Vice City and San Andreas and got bored.

Metroid series.
I was told how the great the series was, but I didn't think it would be my type of game series.
The only times I'd play as Samus back then was in Smash Bros/Melee because I mained her.
Eventually I started gravitating away from Console gaming and to PC gaming, but then I bought Metroid Prime due to the sheer fact that I didn't find any Gamecube games that I liked at the store that I haven't already bought, so I started looking at boxarts and looking for something that I might like, and I found Samus whom I was familiar with on the boxarts of Metroid Prime, so I bought it and ever since then I've been a Metroid Maniac!

Elder Scrolls.

I was in need of a new WRPG to get into and wanted to buy Dungeon Siege. My girlfriend saw a description of Morrowind and thought we'd both prefer that to Dungeon Siege. I was apprehensive as I'd heard nothing about the game but got the game of the year edition anyway based on reviews. I got ridiculously into Morrowind (150+ hours) and have gradually become more and more engrossed in the series with each game. Oblivion and Skyrim are both 300+ hours each. That's over a month of real-world time spent Tamriel...

It's times like these I question my hobby

Around the Network

CoD
Wasnt until my sister's boyfriend came over and we played a few rounds of BLOPS2 that I started liking it... then Ghosts came out -_-
Not confident in Advanced Warfare but I will give it a chance.