By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order Sneak Peak At New Gameplay Video

Everything has its place

Shadow Fall and Infamous were plenty colorful. Why should The Order be as well? Victorian london, overcast weather, fog, monsters... my IPS will make it "colorful" enough without ruining the gritty look.

Around the Network

this is why you shouldnt show off the only gameplay of a game on a stream makes it look bad performance wise graphically looks good

pokoko said:
I've been wondering for awhile, now, but am I the only one does doesn't give a flaming muffin if a game is grey or brown as long as it correctly depicts the setting? I mean, seriously, I just really don't care. I see people act like their pet just died because deserts are brown or rocks are grey and all I can think is, "what the hell are you talking about?"

Not once during Fallout New Vegas did I wish the sand was bright pink. Not once during Silent Hill 2 did I wish the fog would turn rainbow. Am I just lucky to be born this way? Does everyone else seek bright primary colors like crack fiends?

Regardless, I'm thankful that I can enjoy muted colors and somber atmospheres in games. Thank you, gaming god cat.

Funny you mention Fallout lol. I skipped New Vegas, but Fallout 3's style actually always turned me off during long play session because everything was just so dull, brown, and dead. I mean totally understand that it accurately depicts an apocalyptic wasteland, but I really found myself wishing there was some more contrast in a few areas so you can say ok, this is what I'm fighting to get back around here, something good and lively and beautiful. I swear to god when I found that one area for that sidequest that's actually green, I was like "I'M NEVER LEAVING!" lol

I am hyped for this. I thought it looked great.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

WOW!

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

Looks just as lame as when it was first revealed. Graphix and setting are cool though. That's obviously all that matters. It looks like a TPS Rise.

The graphics are great, but the tone and atmosphere from the video alone is not very convincing of the Victorian setting imo, odd considering how well they hit in the trailer.

Graphically that was very impressive.

But I hope that is in no way representative of the majority of the game...because it was completely boring.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

pokoko said:
I've been wondering for awhile, now, but am I the only one does doesn't give a flaming muffin if a game is grey or brown as long as it correctly depicts the setting? I mean, seriously, I just really don't care. I see people act like their pet just died because deserts are brown or rocks are grey and all I can think is, "what the hell are you talking about?"

Not once during Fallout New Vegas did I wish the sand was bright pink. Not once during Silent Hill 2 did I wish the fog would turn rainbow. Am I just lucky to be born this way? Does everyone else seek bright primary colors like crack fiends?

Regardless, I'm thankful that I can enjoy muted colors and somber atmospheres in games. Thank you, gaming god cat.

Yeah, I did not care that Bioshock was generally dark because it fit the setting given to it.

OT: Looks decent, though the one I seen where he dragged the guy and had to shoot was just BS. I mean seriously you got two other people just standing at the door that could have covered.

Thanks for posting. Did anyone feel that the camera had this shaky cam feel to it. That just felt off. :S