By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order Sneak Peak At New Gameplay Video

Slade6alpha said:
Not impressed... yet.
Hope there are more colors as all I'm seeing is grey. (Not going to steal you quote ;))
Overall feeling: Underwhelmed.
Bring me back Sony!!!!

Was London during the industrial revolution known for it's vibrant colors?

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Slade6alpha said:
Not impressed... yet.
Hope there are more colors as all I'm seeing is grey. (Not going to steal you quote ;))
Bring me back Sony!!!!

Was it known for it's half breed monsters and lightning cannons?

Lol its grey

Eh...

No one can ever be pleased these days. Instead of enjoying a new game, everyone has to point out everything wrong and anything small that they see and make a huge deal out of it. If you dont like it or think its another "generic" shooter then simply dont play it lol. Blows my mind how much complaining there is among gamers these days...

Around the Network
Angelus said:
pokoko said:
Slade6alpha said:
Not impressed... yet.
Bring me back Sony!!!!

Different situations, the monsters and lightning cannons in 1900th century London are part of the scenario RAD chose for the game, the color palette was chosen to accomodate said scenario and to make it look "authentic".

Why anyone that knows something about the Order would expect this game to have a bright color palette is beyond me

Angelus said:
pokoko said:
Slade6alpha said:
Not impressed... yet.
Bring me back Sony!!!!

it has dark and foggy atmosphere as london is most of the time covered with clouds, along with brass, steel and concret setting, what kind of colors do you expect to see? I guess their color pallet refrence were Sherlock Holmes movies. I m pretty sure its a design choice.

Oh man that's looking great :D.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

DerNebel said:

Different situations, the monsters and lightning cannons in 1900th century London are part of the scenario RAD chose for the game, the color palette was chosen to accomodate said scenario and to make it look "authentic".

Why anyone that knows something about the Order would expect this game to have a bright color palette is beyond me

One doesn't have to expect a rainbow just because they wish there was a little  bit more popping off the screen at you. Literally everything in that 3 minute trailer blended together.

Do I think that is enough to judge the whole game on? No. But this was the first real gameplay footage released (that I know of, correct me if I'm wrong), and first impressions matter. This one was, objectively speaking, quite poor. A guy standing in cover shooting at what looked like some pretty bad AI spawning in the same spots, with a rather standard chaingun, and sandwiched in between 2 small curscenes that have nothing in particular really happening.

If this wasn't exclusive, I think there would be a collective yawn about it at this point to be honest. That said, I fully expect this game to have some much more impressive E3 footage in a couple weeks, and that could turn my whole opinion of it around. I hope so in fact, because I do like the setting. But there's absolutely nothing wrong with anyone being wholly unimpressed by what they showed today

I've been wondering for awhile, now, but am I the only one does doesn't give a flaming muffin if a game is grey or brown as long as it correctly depicts the setting? I mean, seriously, I just really don't care. I see people act like their pet just died because deserts are brown or rocks are grey and all I can think is, "what the hell are you talking about?"

Not once during Fallout New Vegas did I wish the sand was bright pink. Not once during Silent Hill 2 did I wish the fog would turn rainbow. Am I just lucky to be born this way? Does everyone else seek bright primary colors like crack fiends?

Regardless, I'm thankful that I can enjoy muted colors and somber atmospheres in games. Thank you, gaming god cat.