By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - X-men: Days of Future Past, thoughts (Spoilers)

So, this is hard for me to judge. Weird that this may sound my like of the X-men Comics is clouding my judgement I think. Example being that, while I think First Class was an excellently made film within the Xmen Movie universe, X-men 3 was basically and insult, they would have just as well punched me and ran off with my £7 for the cinema ticket it cost. This is because I am a fan of the X-men.

X-men Day of Future Past came out out yesterday in the UK. My main criteria of how good the movie was is based on my knowledge of the original story and the characters involved. Some of it was open to interpretation based on how they had set out the X-men Movie universe and from that perspective it was done quite well. It remained somewhat faithful to the original plot, with obvious character changes to make it appeal to the mass audience (Yes, Stabberine basically). Portrayal of certain characters were done well and many of the 'future' characters were nice to see in the movie, Bishop especially. Young Xavier and Magneto were great though, which is always a plus and Quicksilver was fantastic.

The movie had a surprising amount of funny moments for a plot in reality so dark but there were a few problems with it. This is where my fanboyism comes into play. Kitty's additional power, and in line with that, no Rachel (seriously how hard would it have been to create a character just called 'Rachel' who could do that, you don't need to go into how she is the daughter of certain people) and no Wolverine scarificing himself.

I'd say for a non-comic fan who just wants to be entertained, you'll probably enjoy it a lot. I need to see it again I think.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

As a huge fan of First Class due to McAvoy and Fassbenders portrayal and chemistry of Xavier/Magneto and as a dude who enjoyed Xmen 1 and 2 while hating 3 =>

Its the best comic movie I've seen, 10/10! (Not a comic guy but judging it compared to other marvel/dc movies for me xD)

It was ...Xmen 4.. AND First Class 2 while it fixed the abomination that was Xmen 3 in the process. So good ;_; <3

Best action movie of the year so far, contender for the film of the year so far, plus fixes everything wrong with x-men 3. I don't think this could have been much better

Aldro said:

Its the best comic movie I've seen, 10/10! (Not a comic guy but judging it compared to other marvel/dc movies for me xD)

I said the same thing about Cap A. I loved that, thought it was superb but I was able to come out of it thinking that exact thought, that it was fantastic. This film, not so much but i can see why many might think it.

The actual mutant/superhero actions scene were done really well. Time, money and technology really does show the first few films really could have done with waiting a few more year before they started making them.

It did indeed 'fix' X-men 3 but I think it also 'fixed' X2  (which was a good film if not a little Stabbering centric), The Wolverine and even Wolverine Origins.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Aldro said:

I said the same thing about Cap A. I loved that, thought it was superb but I was able to come out of it thinking that exact thought, that it was fantastic. This film, not so much but i can see why many might think it.

The actual mutant/superhero actions scene were done really well. Time, money and technology really does show the first few films really could have done with waiting a few more year before they started making them.

It did indeed 'fix' X-men 3 but I think it also 'fixed' X2  (which was a good film if not a little Stabbering centric), The Wolverine and even Wolverine Origins.

Like I said though, I liked Xmen 1 and 2 but I loved First Class. I thought this was an excellent way to do it since any future movies will be set with the First Class characters and not the old crew anymore. I disliked Origins and The Wolverine was whatever imo :P

Xmen 1-2-3-DOFP will still stand for us but with DOFP, the timeline was altered to give us a fresh start so the current timeline is First Class - DOFP - Apocalypse. Really clever imo!

I really love Fass and Avoy. Xmen needs to focus more on their relationship and this movie along with First Class really did it well. Dat airplane scene ;_;

"YOU ABANDONED US CHARLES!" <3

Around the Network

I liked it okay,it just did'nt feel epic enough 2 me. it felt like it was really trying,but fell just short. they should have spent a bit more time with the present day story. all of that felt like glorified cameo's,especially halle berry. she really did'nt do much. I thought jennifer lawerence did a good job. jackman was solid,like always. I felt that it was good,but nothing will top the first 2 xmen for me. Nothing!!!!!!!!

can someone please explain what the end credit sequence was all about,. did'nt get that one.

I honestly did not like X trilogy at all really. Everything after that I loved. The first wolverine movie's drawback was the poorly CGI claws, but thats about it for me. First Class was great, the Wolverine was great, this latest one is better than any of the Marvel Cinematic Universe series in my opinion.

1doesnotsimply

FarleyMcFirefly said:
I honestly did not like X trilogy at all really. Everything after that I loved. The first wolverine movie's drawback was the poorly CGI claws, but thats about it for me. First Class was great, the Wolverine was great, this latest one is better than any of the Marvel Cinematic Universe series in my opinion.

The first Wolverine movie would have been bad if they didn't completely ruin Deadpool. Not to mention Silver Fox's sister was Emma Frost in that movie. Which doesn't line up with First Class' time line at all.

FarleyMcFirefly said:

My opinion is different. loved the first 2 the best. did'nt really care for anything after that. I'd put the new one in the 3rd spot as far as my favorites go.