By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 failed in Japan. PS4 become maybe last place in hardware selling. But whats the reason?

Pavolink said:
AZWification said:

But people actually like the game with the beanies!

Then make them dislike that game.

I rather play Superman 64 blindfolded! It sounds like an easier task!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:
JinxRake said:
fallen said:

I do hope Sony is out of business. Not because of themselves, although I feel their product does not add anything good to the market, and I do not like any of ther exclusive franchises, but because I feel their fans care more about winning console wars than actual gaming.

Luckily I dont think Sony will last too much longer. Even though Ps4 sells well (although it's sales are likely plummeting downward everywhere right now), it already kind of feels like a dead product, with little software sales. The hardware is awesome thanks to the American design, but Sony will slowly but surely screw up the rest of it.

What got you so bitter?

He's  one of those posters from older days on VGC who came to these forums just to taunt PS3 owners with their sales. Now that the sides have turned, he cant stand the taste of his own medicine on the forums I guess.

Similar thing happened with a lot of other user that now no longer post here for the same reason.

lol@ older days... ;p

rutea7 said:
weaveworld said:
outlawauron said:
weaveworld said:
The Japanese know something that we don't and therefor do not buy a product that will be discontinued in the near future due to bankruptcy.

Would have gotten some bites if on first page.

I guess you're right. Sadly enough I'm here every single day but always late to the party.

I am still kind of wondering if the lack of early support from Japanese (aaa?) developers has anything to do with Sony's position.

if that were true they wouldnt be making games for ps3 and vita, yet they are supporting those platforms big time.

Japanese developers always take longer to switch gens because with the decline of the japanese videogame market they need to release their games to a bigger user base. Once a few of them make the jump and the others see if the games are selling well enough and making a profit they'll jump on board, but we'll only start seeing games release next year.

I was actually surprised to see compile heart announce a ps4 game already... i guess they can afford to take the risk.

i know japanese support will come so i know i'll end up buying a ps4, but i also know it will take a year or two, thats why i didnt jump in on launch. Pretty much like most of the japanese gamers are right now, waiting for the right games.

i don't think you can extract data from 3 gens of playstation to make an assessment that is even close to correct.

Other than that you completely bypass my concerns for the ps4 by stating that the ps3 gets support. I know. It's beautiful. I hope it continues for a long time. But what i asked about support for the ps4 has nothing to do with the support for the ps3. The user base itself makes this 'argument' useless.

weaveworld said:

i don't think you can extract data from 3 gens of playstation to make an assessment that is even close to correct.

Other than that you completely bypass my concerns for the ps4 by stating that the ps3 gets support. I know. It's beautiful. I hope it continues for a long time. But what i asked about support for the ps4 has nothing to do with the support for the ps3. 

That's not entirely true. The only valid information we have about the PS4's future support is the support of its predecessors.

3rd party relations are forged across generations.

As long as it is not completely dependent on the market which is unpredicatble, then previous generations are useful information. While development is affected by marketshare, dev decisions are also significantly affected by how well Devs believe these consoles will do which is derived from previous gens.

e.g Titanfall's exclusivity or EA's lack of Wii U support

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

weaveworld said:

Other than that you completely bypass my concerns for the ps4 by stating that the ps3 gets support. I know. It's beautiful. I hope it continues for a long time. But what i asked about support for the ps4 has nothing to do with the support for the ps3. The user base itself makes this 'argument' useless.

you could say that if my arguments rested solely on ps3 but not if they include the Vita which has been getting support prior to it's improved sales in japan.

the fact is that if those developers were afraid for the Sony financial situation, if they were afraid that it might go under, they wouldnt be putting that money into ANY of its devices, choosing to not support only ps4 wouldnt make any sense. So that makes YOUR assessment of the situation invalid too.

the fact is the fanbase for those IPs and games is still playstation buyers, developers will go where their fanbase is, this got proven last gen with the Tales series and unless something BIG happens to change this I dont see it being any different this gen. Hey, who knows, maybe i'll need to buy a different system for my Tales and Atelier dosing but i doubt it.

Around the Network

It's in protest from losing their jobs. PS4 having games of little to no interest. The Wii U is looking more attractive. It's a combination of things.

As many posters said this thread was premature.

PS4 sales have already improved a lot even though only spin-offs have been released like DQ Heroes, MGS GZ, Yakuza Ishin+Zero, FF Type-0 and RE Revelations 2 (VGC has yet to show Bloodborne boost).

I think it's reasonable to believe that sales will improve even more with releases of more quality PS4 exclusives that appeal to the common Japanese gamer. PS4 still doesn't have the Japanese mainline blockbusters like:

Final Fantasy XV
Resident Evil 7
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Gran Turismo 7
Kingdom Hearts 3
Hot Shots Golf 7
Dragon's Dogma Online
Star Ocean 5, Persona 5, next Tales of game and all the other popular JRPGS
Dragon Quest XI (not in the slightest confirmed but would improve Japanese PS4 sales as well)
Monster Hunter 5 (not in the slightest confirmed but would improve Japanese PS4 sales as well)
etc.

Lol not really a fail anymore ;)

Now its the savior of Japanese RPGs.

i remember a lot of people (myself included) arguing this and saying that people should just wait till the japanese games arrive on the PS4 before singing the doom song, and now that the japanese games are finally here we can see how healthy the japan sales are for the PS4.

and with the ammount of japanese games being announced for the PS4 i expect it will continue to have some healthy sales in japan for the rest of the generation.