By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 failed in Japan. PS4 become maybe last place in hardware selling. But whats the reason?

gooch_destroyer said:
PigPen said:

Your opinion is as good as mine.  There's nothing left but we will see who's first & last.

Uh huh.

Uh huh as in we will see, or you're out of words and just want to end it.

Around the Network
PigPen said:
gooch_destroyer said:
PigPen said:

Your opinion is as good as mine.  There's nothing left but we will see who's first & last.

Uh huh.

Uh huh as in we will see, or you're out of words and just want to end it.

We'll see.

dharh said:
This thread needs to be burnt to the ground. Why has it not been locked already?

For the lulz

Also, so someone can necro this baby after the crow eating starts xD

outlawauron said:
weaveworld said:
The Japanese know something that we don't and therefor do not buy a product that will be discontinued in the near future due to bankruptcy.

Would have gotten some bites if on first page.

I guess you're right. Sadly enough I'm here every single day but always late to the party.

I am still kind of wondering if the lack of early support from Japanese (aaa?) developers has anything to do with Sony's position.

weaveworld said:
outlawauron said:
weaveworld said:
The Japanese know something that we don't and therefor do not buy a product that will be discontinued in the near future due to bankruptcy.

Would have gotten some bites if on first page.

I guess you're right. Sadly enough I'm here every single day but always late to the party.

I am still kind of wondering if the lack of early support from Japanese (aaa?) developers has anything to do with Sony's position.

if that were true they wouldnt be making games for ps3 and vita, yet they are supporting those platforms big time.

Japanese developers always take longer to switch gens because with the decline of the japanese videogame market they need to release their games to a bigger user base. Once a few of them make the jump and the others see if the games are selling well enough and making a profit they'll jump on board, but we'll only start seeing games release next year.

I was actually surprised to see compile heart announce a ps4 game already... i guess they can afford to take the risk.

i know japanese support will come so i know i'll end up buying a ps4, but i also know it will take a year or two, thats why i didnt jump in on launch. Pretty much like most of the japanese gamers are right now, waiting for the right games.

Around the Network

X1?

Matthewconner2100 said:
I bought the PS4 and, I am not impressed. No media playback support. Just games. I use my PS3 more often. That's a bad sign. Is Sony even trying? You would think this would replace your PS3 but, nope.

So I thought about this post for like 3 seconds, then I was like. I know what he really wants. He wants a PC! Clearly he does not want a gaming console as he is frustrated by the fact his PS4 only plays games.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

thats because theres no games which the japanese want or that interests them.

Don't you think you're a bit early with this? XD

JinxRake said:
fallen said:

I do hope Sony is out of business. Not because of themselves, although I feel their product does not add anything good to the market, and I do not like any of ther exclusive franchises, but because I feel their fans care more about winning console wars than actual gaming.

Luckily I dont think Sony will last too much longer. Even though Ps4 sells well (although it's sales are likely plummeting downward everywhere right now), it already kind of feels like a dead product, with little software sales. The hardware is awesome thanks to the American design, but Sony will slowly but surely screw up the rest of it.

What got you so bitter?

He's  one of those posters from older days on VGC who came to these forums just to taunt PS3 owners with their sales. Now that the sides have turned, he cant stand the taste of his own medicine on the forums I guess.

Similar thing happened with a lot of other user that now no longer post here for the same reason.