By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 failed in Japan. PS4 become maybe last place in hardware selling. But whats the reason?

your logic is undeniable.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

I bought the PS4 and, I am not impressed. No media playback support. Just games. I use my PS3 more often. That's a bad sign. Is Sony even trying? You would think this would replace your PS3 but, nope.

Matthewconner2100 said:
I bought the PS4 and, I am not impressed. No media playback support. Just games. I use my PS3 more often. That's a bad sign. Is Sony even trying? You would think this would replace your PS3 but, nope.

What's your PSN ID?

I find it hard to believe that you've bought a PS4. If you did you're just insanely stupid for complaining about those things afterwards. You knew it would be all about games in the beginning and that they would only later focus on bringing a lot of media content such as Sony Pictures' original programming.

Matthewconner2100 said:

It doesn't play DVD's or Blu-ray? No streaming services or anything? Sounds like a truly useless product, a shame you went ahead and spent 400$ without knowing that you got into. You could always sell it, I guess.

Matthewconner2100 said:

HOW DARE SONY! making a gaming console for games?????? inconceivable!!!!

if you are one of those random average buyer that doesnt know what he's buying and often gets ripped off.... you deserve it. but i dont think you even got a ps4 so... hope u get ripped off soon

Around the Network
PigPen said:
There is no reason because they will come in second. PS4 will take the back seat to the Wii U.

Wishful Thinking.

Matthewconner2100 said:

I bought the PS4, so far I'm impressed, never got so many games in such a short period of time (maybe sice the Dreamcast days) ... anyway, yesterday I placed an advert for my PS3 superslim 500GB, since there are rumors of a Wipeout sequel + remakes of my favorite games I will do without the old machine for a while and use MY htpc for media (I don't watch/play that much during summer anyway).

So no significant software releases yet and it failed? lol It's not even a year yet. Granted I don't think any console will do serious numbers there now.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

I think is too early to say. Once the games are out we are going to see Japanese reactions to the console.

Now with that being said, with the way Sony has being acting with the PS4 in Japan (launching way later than everywhere else, not having actual important games for the market) I'm led to believe that Sony actually foresaw the decline in the japanese console market and decided to focus on the western market.

So yes, I too believe that POSSIBLY Sony is going to end up behind Nintendo this generation in Japan, and POSSIBLY they won't really care.

The Japanese know something that we don't and therefor do not buy a product that will be discontinued in the near future due to bankruptcy.