By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP beefing up their lineup

I'd argue many DS games likely don't get the ratings they deserve thanks to the whole Stylus thing being a whole new disruptive controlling method that isn't the perferred method for most critics. (Though apparently is for a lot of other people... like my aunt.)

I know I don't want a DS thanks to the Stylus. Well because the Stylus and 2nd screen makes TV porting impossible.

I was considering picking up myself a PSP for myself for my birthday for Jeane D'Arc and D&D Tactics (as i can never find a game) but eh, I just got too many wii and PC games to beat right now.

Around the Network
DarkNight_DS said:
@Hunter_Alien, it's not a rumor, it was confirmed already on Kotaku I believe.

And yes I think anyone could compete with Nintendo in the same ocean if they so chose too. This would cause Nintendo to have to rethink their strategy. It's happened before, at one time Nintendo had the entire Hardcore market. That changed....

No it wasnt ... it all started from a silly rumor , which came from a " guy " , that knows , one of the developers , whom stated that CoO could arrive on the PS2 at the end of this year ... thats not proof . I might be wrong , and if you can give me one solid link , where this was actually revealed , and I couldent find it , or see it ( because Im on PSP fansites a lot ... bealive me , a lot ) I will bealive you .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Kasz216 said:
I'd argue many DS games likely don't get the ratings they deserve thanks to the whole Stylus thing being a whole new disruptive controlling method that isn't the perferred method for most critics. (Though apparently is for a lot of other people... like my aunt.)

I know I don't want a DS thanks to the Stylus. Well because the Stylus and 2nd screen makes TV porting impossible.

I was considering picking up myself a PSP for myself for my birthday for Jeane D'Arc and D&D Tactics (as i can never find a game) but eh, I just got too many wii and PC games to beat right now.

Same is with the PSP on many sites . Ex : Gamespot gives MHF2 a 5 and NFS : PS a 4 , while most give them from 7-8 . Also , its often draged down , because of lack of an analog nub ...

hunter_alien said:
Kasz216 said:

Same is with the PSP on many sites . Ex : Gamespot gives MHF2 a 5 and NFS : PS a 4 , while most give them from 7-8 . Also , its often draged down , because of lack of an analog nub ...

Handheld games in general get taken less seriously, though i'd say it was more pronounced on the DS.  I myself hate handheld games.

Though only reason I want a PSP is because the slims can plug into your TV. 

Hmmm... but Sony is only adding games that cater to the current PSP crowd. They're not really expanding into any new markets with Patapon (people who like quirky games like Locoroco) and GoW (people who like action titles like GTA/MGS).

Sony needs to think outside the box like Nintendo did. The DS has done well because of games like Nintendogs and Brain Age. Not saying that the PSP needs a dog simulator or a collection of logic puzzles. They need things that really set the system apart. (Speaking of, where is that damn GPS.)

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
hunter_alien said:
Kasz216 said:

Handheld games in general get taken less seriously, though i'd say it was more pronounced on the DS. I myself hate handheld games.

Though only reason I want a PSP is because the slims can plug into your TV.

Well I can understand you . I know many whom hate handheld gaming , me on the other hand I adore it , since the GB :)

Steve : do you think that a new IP from Sony could really go head-to-head with Mario/Pokemon?Brain Training?Nintendogs ? I dot think so ... they should put on the PSP IMO more big-names , that would deffinatl help ... 

@Hunter_Alien: EGM's March issue

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

coolestguyever said:
kingofwale said:
>I agree, and I also believe price is whats holding the psp's sales down.

TONS of reason.

*multimedia functionality.
*cool factor (DS is much cooler)
*piracy
*install base
*not exactly pick-up-and-play + loadtime

I can go on and on about it, but it has pretty awesome library if you truely have the time to explore it (if you take 2 hours of subway per day)

1. I agree with multimedia holding it back. For PSP2, it should be 100% gaming, ditch the movies. Keep the music though but no movies.

2. Cool factor = arguable

3. Piracy is B.S.  Sony has got to stop piracy.

4. Install base = Problem for PSP

5. Loadtime = long. That should be fixed if possible.

1. Having more functionality is not holding it back. I use my PSP for an MP3 and movie player all the time and that's awesome to have on as a portable device. Awesome multimedia features does not hold anything back. All it means is that the attach ratio is lower. If there was less piracy it would sell more of the great games it has, but this argument that it's great at other things holds it back is ridiculous. 2. The PSP is pretty cool looking, especially the screen. "Cool" is purely subjective, though. 3. Yeah, and every time Sony trys to stop piracy the whole world crys foul and gets pissed at them. They obviously know piracy is killing their game sales, which is why they release new firmware all the time. What can they do? The device that allows copiedd games to be played from an SD card on the DS will probably reduce those sales as well. 4. Install base is not a problem from the PSP. At all. The last month it sold better than the DS in Japan, and it sold better than the 360 (and PS2, PS3) worldwide last week. There are as many PSPs in the world than Wiis and PS3s combined, and much more than 360 and PS3 combined. Install base is not an issue. 5. The load times are better on the new model. The problem is the load times are better from the memory stick...which adds to piracy...the DS allows the same thing now, though, which is multiple games on a memory stick (SD on DS) without having to carry around games with you.

akuma587 said:
I think I will buy a PSP buy the end of the year...maybe this summer.

if youd o plz get the slim

it has faster loading time smaller and better colors to me

yay my psp might get a little bit more loved IF THE ANALOG STICK DIDN'T BREAK!!!!   

dsoverpsp said:
akuma587 said:
I think I will buy a PSP buy the end of the year...maybe this summer.

if youd o plz get the slim

it has faster loading time smaller and better colors to me

yay my psp might get a little bit more loved IF THE ANALOG STICK DIDN'T BREAK!!!!   

stand by for confirmation...stand by...stand by....okay its confirmed. Get the PSP Lite. Its better in all aspects.