By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP beefing up their lineup

DarkNight_DS said:
@Hunter_Alien: EGM's March issue

So this is waht your talking about  : "EGM's resident man of mystery writes that Chains of Olympus may head to the PS2 later down the line, sometime after its release on PSP."

This is no confirmation if you ask me . I can do the same saying :  BBS will be released on the PS2 a month afther the PSP release ... where do I have this info from ? Well its one of my lower anatomical part ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
omgwtfbbq said:
kingofwale said:
zackblue said:
kingofwale said:
zackblue said:
kingofwale said:
>Sony's handheld console is finally getting a much needed upgrade to their linup in the next couple of weeks.

lol, "much needed upgrade to their lineup"??? Look up how many 80+ games PSP has, and how many DS has, and then tell me if it's "much needed"

Looking at sales Id think the DS had much more quality titles, but I guess I was wrong.

sales = quality? Carnival game = NMH + Z&W?

Well in terms of 3rd party support(which DS has more than psp) I would think the DS would have the much better games in terms of its library, but Like I said I was wrong(Was not expecting GoW to end up with a 95 average either, best HH game ever?).

DS definitely has MORE games, by a lot over PSP, but PSP has more quality games. According to Gamespot, I believe there are over 48 Games with scores 80% or higher and over 29 games for DS? (I haven't checked for a month or so).

I am just sick of the "PSP has no quality game" argument, it's been there since PSP's launch day.

The main problem isn't that the PSP has no quality games, but the main problem is they're mainly (with a few exceptions) seuqles/ports/spinoffs of games on the PS2 which most people already have and can play on a big screen without running out of batteries.

how is this issue ANY different from DS? According to Gameranking

Look at top 5 games from PSP:

Lumines (Brand new)
Ridge Racer (sequel/port)
Wipeout Pure (sequel)
Tekken (same)
FF-tactics (same)

and then look at top 5 games on DS

Mario Kart (sequel/port)
Castlevania (old series)
Advance War (old series)
Zelda HG (old series)
Super Mario brother (old series)

Super

You're looking in the wrong places. Brain Age, Animal Crossing, and Nintendogs, Nintendogs, Nintendogs.

Those are the future of handheld gaming. Games like Castlevania, Ridge Racer, Advance Wars and FF Tactics are not.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

So thats why the first Ridge Racer sold over a million on the PSP and the second became a Platinum title in Europe ? Or what abut the fact that FFT can still push well over 500k , even if its just a nrealy 10 years old PSone port , on the worst software selling system ...

Bodhesatwa ,its a bit scaring and depressing that Brain Training and Nintendogs are the future of handheld gaming dont you think ?

lol I agree with Diomedes! I don't want to be doing dog stuff on my PSP. I don't even know what you do in Nintendogs, but I want to keep my distance. And brain training? I'd rather just take an IQ test.

I'm back...

Around the Network

Add another good game to the PSP library of recent ....IGN UK has just reviewed PES 2008 on the PSP with a 8.9 !

I am exited about a lot of PSP games. We should see a temporary fix to software sales because of this.

Next PSP games to buy:
Ratchet + Clank (already released)
Daxter (already released)
GOW
FFVII:CC

>You're looking in the wrong places. Brain Age, Animal Crossing, and Nintendogs, Nintendogs, Nintendogs.

>Those are the future of handheld gaming.

They might be "WHat you should make if you want to sell a lot because Casual gamers will buy them"

but they are not future of handheld gaming. I'm sorry, there's no way I can agree with that.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I am so happy to be owning a PSP right now. Daxter was a great game, and now I am dying to get my hands on God of War:CoO, Patapon, and FF:CC. The future is looking good for me and the PSP.

Diomedes1976 said:
Add another good game to the PSP library of recent ....IGN UK has just reviewed PES 2008 on the PSP with a 8.9 !
 Yeah , that game wil sell well in the EU , just like it did in Japan ( just probably more :P ) .