By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (almost slightly)BOLD PREDICTION! PS4 will catch WiiU in Japan in 2016

PS4 will catch WiiU

NEVARR!! 38 23.90%

2014 17 10.69%

2015 43 27.04%

2016 31 19.50%

2017 15 9.43%

2018 2 1.26%

After the start of next gen 13 8.18%

Total:159

If FF XV and KH3 release by holiday 2016, it will easily overtake the Wii U.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
spemanig said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Final Fantasy is a bit of special case though. The last sold poorly because no one really wanted it. A great majority were finished with Lightning and thus never bought the third game. FFXV is supposed to be the Final Fantasy game we've been waiting for a whole gen. I don't anyone can accurately guess what it'll sell. 

That's bullshit. No one knew it was "bad" until after they bought it. 13 sold less because there were less people to buy it. 70 million less. The PS4 in Japan will have even less. 13 was supposed to be the "game we've been waiting for" too. No one can accurately guess how much it will sell world wide, but in Japan? That's easy. Less. It will sell less.

Final Fantasy XII PS2 2006 Role-Playing Square Enix 1.88 0.00 2.33 1.74 5.95
Final Fantasy XIII PS3 2009 Role-Playing Square Enix 1.66 1.15 1.87 0.47 5.14
Final Fantasy XIII X360 2010 Role-Playing Square Enix 1.21 0.65 0.01 0.19 2.06

Final Fantasy XIII sold pretty well compared to FFXII. FFXIII-2 did decently as well considering that most people weren't big fans of 13 and wanted Final Fantasy Versus XIII since it was revealed in '06. FFXIII-3 wasn't wanted at all because most fans were sick and tired of the world, characters, and many people wanted a fresh start. Of course XV will sell less because of the smaller userbase but it is still possible that it can be the game that gets the Japanese to buy a PS4. I never said it would sell amazingly but to think that because it won't sell as much as its predecessors or because the recent games haven't done well will mean it will have a minimal effect on the PS4 is moronic. It can get the ball rolling if it meets expectations. I just don't know by how much and if it will help the PS4 surpass the Wii U.

My prediction was bolder. I think. I did say "I think" and asked people to prove me wrong, but it's the idea that counts. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=181187

I said Wii U would outsell PS4 in Japan. There's no reason to think otherwise at this point in time.

RolStoppable said:
There is absolutely nothing bold about this prediction at this point. Slightly bold would be "by the end of 2015", true bold would be "this year".

2016 is the year when Japanese support should begin to roll out for the PS4 while the Wii U is on its final stretch.

According to the poll 44% of people think I'm wrong. So it's at least slightly bold :P

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Playstation has the advantage that it will get some big Japanese games which won't release on Wii U even if Wii U has an advantage in sales in Japan (the irony) so that it could or probably should (?) happen. But Wii U will get some Nintendo games and also a few Japanese games so that I have no idea to be honest.

Around the Network
Figgycal said:
My prediction was bolder. I think. I did say "I think" and asked people to prove me wrong, but it's the idea that counts. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=181187

I said Wii U would outsell PS4 in Japan. There's no reason to think otherwise at this point in time.

There is a reason to think otherwise : Common sense.

any multiplatform between One ane PS4 will count as exclusive in Japan, PS4 will get a lot of exclusive games, little/average/big system seller on a regular basis after this year.

There is no reason to think Wii U could beat that with only 1  or 2 big system seller by year.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

RolStoppable said:
vivster said:
RolStoppable said:
There is absolutely nothing bold about this prediction at this point. Slightly bold would be "by the end of 2015", true bold would be "this year".

2016 is the year when Japanese support should begin to roll out for the PS4 while the Wii U is on its final stretch.

According to the poll 44% of people think I'm wrong. So it's at least slightly bold :P

I suppose it is bold in the sense that you expect it to happen so late.

It's not that late. PS4 will certainly not catch up to the Wii U this year.There's still a sizable gap in a market that doesn't care that much about home consoles anymore. You could say it is a safe guess but it's not a given that it will happen in 2015.

If you think this is late what about all the people who are disagreeing even with 2016?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

some people hae such short memory, they see how bad the ps4 is doing and think its game over already. Remember how bad the 3ds was doing at the start of the gen? ps4 wont pull anything close but thas proof anything can happen. ps4 games japan like that should be here in the next year an half i think include: metal gear 5, gran turismo 7 prologue, last guardian, ff15, kh3, resident evil 7, rumored beast souls.

For me NEVER.
PS4 will be sold unless of this generation in Japan.
It will not be a FLOP but Wii U will sell more.
I predict:
28,000,000 of 3DS.
10,000,000 of PSVita.
8,000,000 of Wii U.
7,000,000 of PS4.

In any case, it is IMPOSSIBLE that passes before 2016... Final Fantasy XV and Metal Gear P.P coming on the end of 2015 and 2016.

meanwhile, Wii U will have Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, Zelda Mousou, Bayonetta 2, X, AND MAYBE MOSTER HUNTER 4...

I say late 2015 ;o.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)