By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (almost slightly)BOLD PREDICTION! PS4 will catch WiiU in Japan in 2016

PS4 will catch WiiU

NEVARR!! 38 23.90%

2014 17 10.69%

2015 43 27.04%

2016 31 19.50%

2017 15 9.43%

2018 2 1.26%

After the start of next gen 13 8.18%

Total:159
spemanig said:
vivster said:
spemanig said:

There are no major PS4 exclusives to sell to the Japanese. Just like there are no big Wii U exclusives in Japan. There was NSMBU. That's it. Everything else is as good as irrelevant in Japan.

I don't know what your definition of "major" is. I think there will be quite a handful of system movers for both Wii U and PS4.

Yeah, in the west. I already talked about the sales history of the other editions to those franchises on systems far more successful in Japan that the PS4 or Wii U will ever be. Consoles are dead there.

Can't wait for the MK8 numbers to see if this is actually true.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Posted this in another thread.
When everything is said and done, I think the ps4 will be the top selling 8th gen home console. It just needs some great games and it will flourish.

The sales will be acceptable compared to what the market in Japan is right now. It may not hit ps3 level of sales because the market just isn't the same, but it should do good for what it is.

LordPhil said:
When everything is said and done, I think the ps4 will be the top selling 8th gen home console. It just needs some great games and it will flourish.

The sales will be acceptable compared to what the market in Japan is right now. It may not hit ps3 level of sales because the market just isn't the same, but it should do good for what it is.

Are you including 3DS and Vita in this?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
spemanig said:
vivster said:
spemanig said:

There are no major PS4 exclusives to sell to the Japanese. Just like there are no big Wii U exclusives in Japan. There was NSMBU. That's it. Everything else is as good as irrelevant in Japan.

I don't know what your definition of "major" is. I think there will be quite a handful of system movers for both Wii U and PS4.

Yeah, in the west. I already talked about the sales history of the other editions to those franchises on systems far more successful in Japan that the PS4 or Wii U will ever be. Consoles are dead there.

Can't wait for the MK8 numbers to see if this is actually true.

I'm not saying there won't be boosts. That would be stupid, but it would suddenly make the Wii U a success in japan.

vivster said:
LordPhil said:

Nope,  3DS has every 8th gen system beat by a longshot in Japan. 

Around the Network
LordPhil said:
vivster said:
LordPhil said:

Nope,  3DS has every 8th gen system beat by a longshot in Japan. 

Yeah, sorry. Overread the "home" part. Was just weird because there essentialy are just 2 home console competotrs.

spemanig said:

I'm not saying there won't be boosts. That would be stupid, but it would suddenly make the Wii U a success in japan.

Not saying that either of them will be a success or that any game will make them a success comparable to previous gens. But I doubt they will be complete failures. They will have easily enough install base to make them profitable.

vivster said:
spemanig said:

Not saying that either of them will be a success or that any game will make them a success comparable to previous gens. But I doubt they will be complete failures. They will have easily enough install base to make them profitable.

They already are complete failures there. Selling below 10k a week is a failure. They are no U.S. Vita/Japanese 360, but they're still abysmal.

spemanig said:
vivster said:
spemanig said:

They already are complete failures there. Selling below 10k a week is a failure. They are no U.S. Vita/Japanese 360, but they're still abysmal.

Because you're comparing them with previous gens. They are in a smaller market now. Try to adjust for that and they won't seem so fail anymore.

Late 2015.