By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (almost slightly)BOLD PREDICTION! PS4 will catch WiiU in Japan in 2016

PS4 will catch WiiU

NEVARR!! 38 23.90%

2014 17 10.69%

2015 43 27.04%

2016 31 19.50%

2017 15 9.43%

2018 2 1.26%

After the start of next gen 13 8.18%

Total:159

I agree with this. Right now there's really nothing for the Japanese market to be interested with on the PS4 aside from PS3 ports. Once the system starts getting actual exclusives it'll start selling better. As of right now there's not much of a reason to purchase the system from any region, but there's almost no reason at all for the Japanese to be interested in it.  Most of the big Japanese releases coming out this year are on the PS3, while there's none on the PS4, so why would they switch?

Take a look at the Vita for instance. Not only was the 3DS dominating, but even in Japan there wasn't much to purchase. 3DS is still dominating, but Vita has been bouncing around in Japan and now it's getting consistent sales with as many releases as it's been getting. Going through the sales Vita has received in Japan, it's received 3000 sales in one week during its first year.

Give the PS4 time. Like the Vita sales will pick up in that region, just as soon as the system gets some games.

Around the Network
EricFabian said:
Aerys said:
Figgycal said:
My prediction was bolder. I think. I did say "I think" and asked people to prove me wrong, but it's the idea that counts. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=181187

I said Wii U would outsell PS4 in Japan. There's no reason to think otherwise at this point in time.

There is a reason to think otherwise : Common sense.

any multiplatform between One ane PS4 will count as exclusive in Japan, PS4 will get a lot of exclusive games, little/average/big system seller on a regular basis after this year.

There is no reason to think Wii U could beat that with only 1  or 2 big system seller by year.

well to be fair PS3 still not outsold Wii, and PS3 had all those exclusives. I's not a matter of common sense

except that the Wii U has nothing to do with the Wii, it's more like the GC whereas the PS4 is just like the PS3 in better for dev and with no big competition during the gen like PS3 had with the Wii, so when it comes to Wii U, yes, it's matter of common sense.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m