By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - All of us who called Microsoft bluff with the Kinect deserve a pat on the back

ICStats said:
But even S.T.A.G.E.S's dorm picked XB1!

Its funny you say that because a lot of people are kind of over it now. We'll find out what everyone is big on after E3.

Around the Network

There is nothing pat worthy about coming to this conclusion. The writing was on the wall. No what is pat worthy is naming the exact month and the fact that this adds another shining example of those using logic and reason to defeat those that only know blind devotion and delusion. No this is not a celebration of being right, this is a celebration of proving those that defy reality wrong with exact accuracy.  This is vindication and justice for all the times reasonable and logical people have had to put up with the diluted ramblings of those that justify their predictions and beliefs with nothing more than imagination, unrealistic data, and unrealized dreams. S.T.A.G.E. is an example of logic and reason and those like him that predicted the date deserve respect for embracing reality and reason and not falling into the trap of blind devotion and delusion that so many fall victim to. We should all strive to be as logical and precise. For all those that fell into the trap and believed this would never happen let this sear into your psyche and may it give you pause the next time you are about to spout nonsense based solely on loyalty. Prevent making a fool of yourselves in the future by knowing now that:

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Psh, I'm too humble and gentleman-like to make a big deal out of it everytime I'm right!

I honestly didn't think it would happen so soon. Was certain at some point but not in less than a year. The system is doing fine. Figured they would do it when sales gap gets really bad.

4 ≈ One

I respect everyone who realized that Kinect would have to go.

Getting the month right is secondary. There is always a winner in a coin flipping contest.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
wick said:
"So Kinectless SKU confirmed.

I give it 6 months from launch."

Me - 21 August 2013

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5604748

Patting now.

"We won!"

ICStats said:

Getting the month right is secondary. There is always a winner in a coin flipping contest.

Is it really fair to call this a coin flipping contest?  A coin only has two options. There are 12 months in a year and they could have decided in any of them. Heck they could have even waited a whole year or two. They didn't they chose june of the first year which requires more knowledge and understanding than a simple A:B option. Even if you are correct and it is secondary the precision and accuracy still deserves respect. Even predicting the result of coin flip merits respect. 

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Nicklesbe said:
ICStats said:

Is it really fair to call this a coin flipping contest?  A coin only has two options. There are 12 months in a year and they could have decided in any of them. Heck they could have even waited a whole year or two. They didn't they chose june of the first year which requires more knowledge and understanding than a simple A:B option. Even if you are correct and it is secondary the precision and accuracy still deserves respect. Even predicting the result of coin flip merits respect. 

A coin flipping contest goes like this: you take 1 million people who each face off against each other picking heads or tails.  Each round half win half lose.  At the end you are left with 1 winner.  That is just one lucky guy but there will be one every time.  Predicting the result of a coin flip doesn't merit any respect because it doesn't require skill or thought and can't be repeated.  Probablistically it is just like winning a raffle / lottery.

Ofcourse it's just an analogy - there is lower probability of calling the right month than calling a coin flip - but if there are enough people making predictions, then someone will be right.  If MS said they will remove Kinect in July I'd still give kudos who those who expected Kinect to be removed, and lol at those who said categorically never will happen.

My 8th gen collection

Not one picture of Barry Horowitz patting his back here?

I knew at one point a Kinect-less Xbox One would make it to market. I just didn't think it would be out in June 2014...more like Holiday 2014 at the earliest or when Halo 5 was coming out.

brighat said:
Not one picture of Barry Horowitz patting his back here?

I knew at one point a Kinect-less Xbox One would make it to market. I just didn't think it would be out in June 2014...more like Holiday 2014 at the earliest or when Halo 5 was coming out.

I also expected it closer to the holidays like September or later.  I guess sales must have been really slow in April/May.  If US sales should be half of VGC estimates, maybe Euro sales should be too.

IMO the temporary cut to $450 that some stores initiated was disastrous, as you can not put the price back up to $499 after doing that.  Once people see the price fluctuate, they will be more likely to sit on the fence and wait for the price to come down.  I think this made it so they have no choice but make a permanent cut soon, and removing kinect was maybe the only economical way.

My 8th gen collection