By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pachter goes berserk. Insults questioner. "scumbag" "Idiot" "bastard"

I love how he says "what do you think Gametrailers are idiot? They are ads!"

Wow really? guess what.... they are ads I wanted to see. Why does gametrailers not get revenue for trailers I want to watch? Their own fault for not doing it.

I mean I am willingly watching an ad. I am doing it on purpose!! Yet they dont monetize it? Dumb company haha

Also  somewhat brilliant that the guy thats a bastard scumbag and idiot asked a question which will make this episode probably generate more revenue than any prior Pach-Attack episode. Oh the irony

Around the Network
TheDarkLink said:
1. Pachter is an Idiot!!!
2. It's no wonder that everyone uses AdBlock, because websites uses nonserious Ads over the whole PC Screen!!!
3. Pachter is an Idiot!!!

Ads are intrusive, on TV, the internet, magazines etc. I understand that they are necesary but as for everything, with moderation. I know a certain tv channel that manages to put 20min of movie, 15min of publicity repeating that 5 times, you have 2h movies that last 4h, on top of that you can't immerse in the movie, I stopped watching TV 15 years ago & that is 1 of the reasons.

About ads on the internet, I'll give this exemple, I really wanted to go to the cinema & watch the new Godzilla movie, but then there is this sports site that I go to daily that started having the same 30sec Godzilla trailer before each & all videos on it, so frustrating that I don't watch the videos anymore & I won't go see Godzilla anymore because I loath the movie from being spammed by ads for it.

When I click on a link to see a vid about NBA, I don't want a 30sec clip about the latest Ford automobile, just like when I go to a restaurant & order ice cream for desert, I don't want the waiter serving me a steak & saying to me that I will get the ice cream only if I eat the steak first!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

"You are the worst kind of person in the world"

Rape, torture and murder not as horrible as avoiding advertising; Michael Pachter confirms.

Wow. He was pissed.

He's pretty much right though. Intrusive ads should be complained about, but not ALL ads. I use Ad Block, mostly because of times I got infected from malicious code used in some advertiser networks (most of the attacks came from RIGHT HERE too) so we're not all scumbags as someone said earlier. But we have to realize it's our way of paying for things. I don't know about you, but I'd rather sit through an ad than give them a dollar.

That was unprofessional and tasteless.

Around the Network
PigPen said:
That was unprofessional and tasteless.

As Pachter said in the video  he does not get paid

Thast exactly what one gets for not watching commercials :)    Unprofessional people that dont get paid   xD

badgenome said:
Hard to say which of them is the bigger jerk. I don't think using Ad Block is morally akin to piracy, though, because no one ever entered into an agreement to view such ads just by accessing a website and site owners always have the option of blocking Ad Block users if it's that important to them.

It's morally akin to piracy if you are an asshole about it. From this guy's wording I wouldn't be surprised if he actually was a pirate.

OT My love for Pachter will only grow.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

mysteryman said:

Rape, torture and murder not as horrible as avoiding advertising; Michael Pachter confirms.

They are obviously included. Have you ever seen a turturer, murderer or rapist that is not using adblock?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

The guy that sent that question is kinda right tho. Plus, I watched that while using adblock and it's not because I don't want to support, but because those damn ads just slow down web surfing immensily. When websites figure how to give ads without taking away my speed or being obnoxious then the moment I'll stop using adblock.

vivster said:
mysteryman said:

They are obviously included. Have you ever seen a turturer, murderer or rapist that is not using adblock?

Do they get much internet in prison?