By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - A thank you to those PlayStation fans who stayed with VGChartz.

^

Eh? Posting links to your website, forum and trailers is marketing. You were advertising your game. I never said it was a bad thing, so I dont see your problem with me saying that?

Around the Network

Don't worry. I'll never leave. Ever.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Carl2291 said:
^

Eh? Posting links to your website, forum and trailers is marketing. You were advertising your game. I never said it was a bad thing, so I dont see your problem with me saying that?

It's not marketing, it's a discussion.

I have a problem with Kowen (not really you) saying that because it's devaluing my perceived view of this forum and its members. It turns users that I've been friends with for years into simple statistics that I'm attempting to manipulate for my own good.

JoeTheBro said:
Carl2291 said:
^

I have a problem with Kowen (not really you) saying that because it's devaluing my perceived view of this forum and its members. It turns users that I've been friends with for years into simple statistics that I'm attempting to manipulate for my own good.

Congrats on your game! :) 

Maybe Kowen is talking about you marketing your website and its forums? By advertising your forums, you are kinda taking away some members and traffic from this site. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:

Maybe Kowen is talking about you marketing your website and its forums? By advertising your forums, you are kinda taking away some members and traffic from this site. 

Well, many of the users that are on that forum, like pezus and ethomaz, don't really care about VGChartz anymore, so there is no traffic to be taken away!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
JoeTheBro said:
Carl2291 said:
^

Pezus left before Joe started talking about his game. I doubt Joe was trying to steal traffic or whatever. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

AZWification said:
MoHasanie said:

Well, many of the users that are on that forum, like pezus and ethomaz, don't really care about VGChartz anymore, so there is no traffic to be taken away!

True, but there are members that were active here that are posting there now. And more of them may join that site over time. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

JoeTheBro said:
Carl2291 said:
^

Then you need to take that up with kow, preferably through pm or a wall post, though I suppose it kinda is to do with the topic at hand.

The only problem I really have with you advertising your game here, as I said previously, was the whole "pezus is here guys!" thing (or whatever your exact words were) that you did just after he was perma'd. It made you look desperate for people to join your forums.

Linked to that, as I said, posting links to all your stuff is advertising your stuff... Honestly, it doesnt seem to matter though. Going back to the actual topic at hand. All threads but the PS Nation thread are running as fine as they were before the 4/5 users decided to move along.

Considering the quality of discussion in the old PS Nation thread, in my own opinion, nothing of importance has really been lost.

I'm confused....what happened to that made a lot of Playstation fans leave? And who left?

Carl2291 said:
JoeTheBro said:
Carl2291 said:
^

Then you need to take that up with kow, preferably through pm or a wall post, though I suppose it kinda is to do with the topic at hand.

The only problem I really have with you advertising your game here, as I said previously, was the whole "pezus is here guys!" thing (or whatever your exact words were) that you did just after he was perma'd. It made you look desperate for people to join your forums.

Linked to that, as I said, posting links to all your stuff is advertising your stuff... Honestly, it doesnt seem to matter though. Going back to the actual topic at hand. All threads but the PS Nation thread are running as fine as they were before the 4/5 users decided to move along.

Considering the quality of discussion in the old PS Nation thread, in my own opinion, nothing of importance has really been lost.

Except a strong community of friends that kept the discussion going, even if it meant having a bit of fun from time to time. A strong enough community to get another web site up and running which is 4 to 5 times as large as the new nation thread is today. And will only grow. So yes, a big loss happened on this site the day we deicide we don’t need it.   Glad no one really cares about your opinion.