By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - A thank you to those PlayStation fans who stayed with VGChartz.

Jay520 said:
I'm confused....what happened to that made a lot of Playstation fans leave? And who left?

Nothing... the only person that "left" was pezus, a couple of people have been still really active on these forums, others aren't as active here... The community on this site has been in decline due to various issues. Before Joe announced his game some went over there to have friendly conversations with out having to worry about those issues. It just so happens that the announcement for his game was also really close in timing to a culmination of issues with these forums so some people are more freely talking on Joe's forum since its open for gaming discussions and so far have not had to deal with any real issues of trolling or baiting. Both of which are things that are allowed on this site and go rampantly unchecked.

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Around the Network
papamudd said:
Jay520 said:
I'm confused....what happened to that made a lot of Playstation fans leave? And who left?

Nothing... the only person that "left" was pezus, a couple of people have been still really active on these forums, others aren't as active here... The community on this site has been in decline due to various issues. Before Joe announced his game some went over there to have friendly conversations with out having to worry about those issues. It just so happens that the announcement for his game was also really close in timing to a culmination of issues with these forums so some people are more freely talking on Joe's forum since its open for gaming discussions and so far have not had to deal with any real issues of trolling or baiting. Both of which are things that are allowed on this site and go rampantly unchecked.

This guy gets it! 

Also, people might want to refrain from throwing insults at us as we still visit these forums. We just choose to have our discussions somewhere else.

Mmmfishtacos said:

We just choose to have our discussions somewhere else.

Thanks. I appreciate it that you guys take your discussions (spam) elsewhere.

green_sky said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

We just choose to have our discussions somewhere else.

Thanks. I appreciate it that you guys take your discussions (spam) elsewhere.

;)

Carl2291 said:

The only problem I really have with you advertising your game here, as I said previously, was the whole "pezus is here guys!" thing (or whatever your exact words were) that you did just after he was perma'd. It made you look desperate for people to join your forums.

Linked to that, as I said, posting links to all your stuff is advertising your stuff... Honestly, it doesnt seem to matter though. Going back to the actual topic at hand. All threads but the PS Nation thread are running as fine as they were before the 4/5 users decided to move along.

Considering the quality of discussion in the old PS Nation thread, in my own opinion, nothing of importance has really been lost.

@Bold

"On the website, you'll see a link saying "Forum (beta)." Some members have already joined the forums and have been helping to get it started.

The VizionEck forum is about all conversations, not just my video game or PlayStation. If you're interested in seeing what Pezus and other members are up to, here's a direct link: http://vizioneck.com/forum "

That sounds real desperate... man your opinions are your own, but to me it doesn't seem like you are fully utilzing your crital thought ablities. That was the least amount of discussion in that entire post about anything, yet you see it as desperate to barely mention it? To me that reeks of flawed logic.

Continuing in that fashion you imply that the quality of the (old)PS Nation thread was lacking. How do you define the quality of a discussion? People talking to each other, listening, responding, and enjoying a discussion (all in a respectful manner) is how I would define quality. To those who were participating in the discussion it was of high quality to them which is why it was so active. Those that didn't find value in that discussion didn't post that much if at all. There are many threads here in which the sole purpose of its creation is click bait and flame baiting and those topics quickly degrade into a lack of real discussion in lieu of e-peen envy. That is what this forum fosters and protects with its rules and mod team.

Most of what you have posted in this topic Carl has not been founded in any real basis of fact and your impressions / perceptions are off greatly in the matter.

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Around the Network

wow so is this a place to just freely attack users without getting in trouble? And then ban those who give a truthful explanation of why we chose to move our conversations else where?

Ravens ban is kind of ironic dont you think?

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

papamudd said:
Jay520 said:

How unfortunate...I was expecting something more juicy.

DD_Bwest said:
wow so is this a place to just freely attack users without getting in trouble? And then ban those who give a truthful explanation of why we chose to move our conversations else where?

Great isn't it? Just goes to show..

DD_Bwest said:

Totally. Mods should give up on giving temporary bans to people who just don't learn. Should have put him out of his misery for good. 

green_sky said:
DD_Bwest said:

Totally. Mods should give up on giving temporary bans to people who just don't learn. Should have put him out of his misery for good. 

We'll half this site need to be perma banned then.