By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tecmo Koei Wants to sell 1 Million Copies of Hyrule Warriors

green_sky said:
think-man said:

I probably will buy it, I've already been putting money aside every week for my WiiU purchase :P should have one by September.

What what! That's awesome. *Put's your name down for Wii U and Hello Kitty Racers too* 

That is the closest thing to barbie i could "think" of.

Well I wanna play X and SSB and I have a few Wii games( but never owned a wii) so I have to buy one now xD

Around the Network
think-man said:

Hopefully it does better than the last time they tried to sell DW to the west. http://www.vgchartz.com/game/35201/warriors-legends-of-troy/

Was even made by a western company aswell.

yes but there is no Link in this game

Click HERE and be happy 

Lifetime...I think it's potentially possible. I don't see it reaching that for a while though. Four Swords Adventures was actually developed by Nintendo, and didn't reach the 1 million mark (at least according to this site), so the trademark itself isn't necessarily strong enough to push it that far. The gameplay is really the determining factor, I'd say.

That being said, I can see this doing better than what the Dynasty Warriors franchise apparently sells normally. I've never played an entry in the franchise, but I foresee myself picking up this title at some point. I'm a fan of Zelda universe, so it has more appeal to me than the DW franchise does. If I enjoy the gameplay, however, I might try out a title from the main series...which is likely the point of this title. We'll just have to see how it plays out.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

wow. i hope they achieve.

if they dont, price it well. or even give it for free when purchasing other big game.
give the game to people, this can make japan like zelda and wast like DW!

A bit ambitious, it might sell better than Dynasty Warriors 8 (520,000), depending on how reviews are here in the west.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
Well, where the hell is the marketing for it? Why don't they build hype?

Nintendo only hypes 1 game at the time, and at the moment that is MK8. But this title is coming on summer on Japan and E3 is around the corner, so we will hear from it soon.

shikamaru317 said:
I'd say that it's possible, at least lifetime.

My thoughts exactly.

think-man said:
By the time it releases the WiiU will probably be at 8million sold. One in every 8 WiiU owners buying this is a bit of an ask, seen as It's basically Dynasty Warriors with a new skin. Not many people in the west like Dynasty Warriors so if they're buying it just because of the Zelda skin that's kinda sad.

8 Million sold? When are you planning on Hyrule Warriors being released? 

...I was thinking Late Summer. 

It's nice to want things.

I don't think Donkey Kong Country: TF unfortunately is even getting to 1 million, Hyrule Warriors ... nah. Not unless Nintendo force bundles it.

Soundwave said:
It's nice to want things.

I don't think Donkey Kong Country: TF unfortunately is even getting to 1 million, Hyrule Warriors ... nah. Not unless Nintendo force bundles it.

You best believe Donkey Kong did more then a million.  Digital is the future.