By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think Microsoft has pissed off the industry like how Sega did with the Saturn?

Do you think the industry is annoyed with Microsofts inability to stick to a gameplan?

Yes 227 49.78%

No 177 38.82%

See results 49 10.75%

Total:453
kowenicki said:
no

Not entirely true. The developers who are making Kinect only games seem to be the ones who are pissed and rightly so. Other than those select few, every other dev will see the kinect removal as a god send.

It is still scary that they have literally did a 180 degree on everything the console stood for initially

Around the Network
Nem said:

I dont think so.

SEGA dropped a system they could perfectly kept supporting for more years. They disappointed publishers and customers.

Microsoft just pissed off the early adopters a bit. Maybe they annoyed a few publishers a bit, but i'm sure they understand that it benefits them more in the long run.

Except for the fact that the reason they dropped out/discountinued the Dreamcast in the first place was because they couldn't finacially support it anymore.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

maverick40 said:
kowenicki said:
no

Not entirely true. The developers who are making Kinect only games seem to be the ones who are pissed and rightly so. Other than those select few, everyone dev will see the kinect removal as a god send.

It is still scary that they have literally did a 180 degree on everything the console stood for initially

Except the name...

Yet..

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

The Kinect is a secondary device so whatever baclash they got from third party would be small. Sega screwed up their complete relationship with third parties completely for the Saturn and they all ran to Sony.

If Microsoft had stuck with their initial gameplan even a cross section of Xbox gamers would've boycotted them.

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Nem said:

I dont think so.

SEGA dropped a system they could perfectly kept supporting for more years. They disappointed publishers and customers.

Microsoft just pissed off the early adopters a bit. Maybe they annoyed a few publishers a bit, but i'm sure they understand that it benefits them more in the long run.

Except for the fact that the reason they dropped out/discountinued the Dreamcast in the first place was because they couldn't finacially support it anymore.

Oh sorry... i meant the Saturn, not the dreamcast. The OP alluded to in his point... so i thought it was obvious. I will edit it to make it clear. :)

naw, sega REALLLLY screwed up, moreso than anyone in recent memory. As the OP even said SOME publishers were probably backing MS behind the scenes, so they didnt make everyone mad

No.

maverick40 said:
kowenicki said:
no

Not entirely true. The developers who are making Kinect only games seem to be the ones who are pissed and rightly so. Other than those select few, every other dev will see the kinect removal as a god send.

i disagree, especially since what it intially stood for wasnt that great IMHO

I'd say it's a classic example of almost being similar for comparison. Sega's moves had spelled disaster for it right from day one. Kinect and the eSRAM issues are the sensitive ones here. Not to mention that DRM fiasco in the beginning which was somehow fixed in time.