By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think Microsoft has pissed off the industry like how Sega did with the Saturn?

Do you think the industry is annoyed with Microsofts inability to stick to a gameplan?

Yes 227 49.78%

No 177 38.82%

See results 49 10.75%

Total:453

Well at least MS seems well on their way to rectify things if their pre-E3 news is anything to go by

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

No. I'm sure the industry is glad MS is reacting and trying to get boxes in peoples homes. That's all they care about.

mutantclown said:

Sega never did anything wrong to the industry. They are and remain Saints compared to Microsoft and the Xbox. I would exchange MS for Sega in a heartbeat. 

I am a huge sega fan and would exchange Sega for Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft combined... But this is wrong.

They pissed consumers with 32X and Sega CD support, even through I liked Sega CD very much.

And they pissed off the industry with the early launch of the saturn.

Then they pissed off the industry again with the Dreamcast launch 3 years later.

Microsoft didn't piss anyone off yet, other than a few devs who were making Kinect games. 

everybody and their mothers knew about a kinectless bundle coming out at some point. I doubt the devs were surprised.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

disolitude said:
mutantclown said:

Sega never did anything wrong to the industry. They are and remain Saints compared to Microsoft and the Xbox. I would exchange MS for Sega in a heartbeat. 

I am a huge sega fan and would exchange Sega for Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft combined... But this is wrong.

They pissed consumers with 32X and Sega CD support, even through I liked Sega CD very much.

And they pissed off the industry with the early launch of the saturn.

Then they pissed off the industry again with the Dreamcast launch 3 years later.

Microsoft didn't piss anyone off yet, other than a few devs who were making Kinect games. 

They may have pissed consumers, but not the industry. The industry just ignored them when they failed to sell (aka EA not supporting the Dreamcast). 

Around the Network
mutantclown said:

Um, didn't they release a console, then drop it, then release a new one, then drop that one, then release yet another...all w/in like 5 years?

I can tell you that I would stay a Sega fan after that /sarcasm

jibbyjackjoe said:
mutantclown said:

Um, didn't they release a console, then drop it, then release a new one, then drop that one, then release yet another...all w/in like 5 years?

I can tell you that I would stay a Sega fan after that /sarcasm

Yeah I understand. The 32X was a complete fiasco, but then again, it didn't piss anyone in the industry it just hurt their reputation very badly and the ones they pissed were consumers. Sega Saturn actually had great support and wasn't totally scratched for a long while, it's actually the best-selling Sega console in Japan ever and it got a lot of japanese games, it wasn't dropped there even when the Dreamcast released. Saturn saw WAY better support than the N64, everywhere and that's a fact.  The Dreamcast still has a cult following, so I don't think it pissed too many people when they were forced to drop it for financial reasons, it was just an awesome console and in no way it pissed their fans.

Not yet, but they will if MS doesn't get it together.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

They can be as pissed as they want but the install base is already too big to ignore and not support the platform.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
They can be as pissed as they want but the install base is already too big to ignore and not support the platform.

But its too small to effectively be moneyhatted which is the real issue now. Where all companies have equal access to multiplats its a toss up between Sony and Nintendo, favoring Sony because of their lagging infrastructure. XB with only exclusives resembles the OG Xbox, then again that is my favorite MS console so far.

And Nintendo doesn't have a lot of Multiplat support.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank