By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "Halo 5: Guardians" revealed : Fall 2015. More Halo at E3 for 2014 (Halo 2 ?)

MohammadBadir said:
Why are they revealing this before E3? Do they really have that much content?

this entire "too much content" is a big load of crap. MS might have shit loads of content to show, but its not like they wont reshow this and talk about the price drop at E3 anyways. this literally saves them no time at E3. they are gonna reshow this and they are gonna mention the XB1 is now 399$ at E3. this "saving up time" excuse is nonesense, its just a reaction to the bad NPD sales, its clear as day that it is. 

Around the Network

Not my cup of tea but I had on.y played 1 Halo game and told me that it was not the best one either.

I do think that they are taking too much time with this game, there was a teaser last year, and if the game is coming holiday 2015 I don't think they have too much to show during this E3.

bananaking21 said:
MohammadBadir said:
Why are they revealing this before E3? Do they really have that much content?

this entire "too much content" is a big load of crap. MS might have shit loads of content to show, but its not like they wont reshow this and talk about the price drop at E3 anyways. this literally saves them no time at E3. they are gonna reshow this and they are gonna mention the XB1 is now 399$ at E3. this "saving up time" excuse is nonesense, its just a reaction to the bad NPD sales, its clear as day that it is. 

Sounds like your just crapping on peoples optomism. Not classy.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
bananaking21 said:

get over yourself. im not taking a crap im just being realistic. 

2015 is a bit late, hopefully Halo 2: Anniversary is good though and makes up for the wait.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
sales2099 said:
bananaking21 said:

The NPD reaction theory is pure speculation on your part, as well as everyone else who says this, trying to somehow downplay the reveal of Xbox's flagship IP.

People think that MS is cramming a ton of content into E3, something MS said numerous times, so it isn't without basis. That said, your "realism" is just "buzz killing" to kill time between now and E3.

Look, let's say you are right and they end up mentioning them again, which they very well might. The point is that they don't want those to be the definers of the conference, merely apart of it. Instead of spending 15 minutes they may just spend 10, or now just mention X1's new price for a minutes worth of time. They want surprises to define the conference, not things we allready know about and polocies Sony allready does.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
bananaking21 said:
sales2099 said:
bananaking21 said:

The NPD reaction theory is pure speculation on your part, as well as everyone else who says this, trying to somehow downplay the reveal of Xbox's flagship IP.

People think that MS is cramming a ton of content into E3, something MS said numerous times, so it isn't without basis. That said, your "realism" is just "buzz killing" to kill time between now and E3.

Look, let's say you are right and they end up mentioning them again, which they very well might. The point is that they don't want those to be the definers of the conference, merely apart of it. Instead of spending 15 minutes they may just spend 10, or now just mention X1's new price for a minutes worth of time. They want surprises to define the conference, not things we allready know about and polocies Sony allready does.

Do you even read what you write? It would take 30 seconds to announce a new pricepoint at E3, not 15 minutes. And how much time did they save by revealing Halo 5 with a picture and a title? Nobody's "downplaying" the reveal, it was a lame announcement for their biggest exclusive. Imagine if Titanfall was announced with just a picture and some text? Do you think it would have managed the same level hype that it did? 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
sales2099 said:

Do you even read what you write? It would take 30 seconds to announce a new pricepoint at E3, not 15 minutes. And how much time did they save by revealing Halo 5 with a picture and a title? Nobody's "downplaying" the reveal, it was a lame announcement for their biggest exclusive. Imagine if Titanfall was announced with just a picture and some text? Do you think it would have managed the same level hype that it did? 

If you reread what I swaid they would only take up a minute talking the price and 15 on Halo 5. You also didn't notice how my point was:

They want surprises to define the conference, not things we allready know about and polocies Sony allready does.

Hasn't Phil Spencer already confirmed that E3 will have a bunch of content? I also don't get why they would touch on a 399 price drop again after announcing it almost a month before E3. E3 is for the hardcore gamer and we all know they already know about the 399 price drop, so what purpose would there be in announcing it again? While I won't completely rule out them mentioning the new price they'll literally say it's 399 and move on.

kowenicki said:
prayformojo said:

Nothing bugs me more than sequels with subtitles. Call it Halo 5 MS.

It is called Halo 5

It's called Halo 5 "Guardians" which is just like COD "insert stupid name here." I'm sure it'll be a great game, but damn, that's such a personal annoyance of mine.