By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "Halo 5: Guardians" revealed : Fall 2015. More Halo at E3 for 2014 (Halo 2 ?)

starcraft said:

I dont know - I think they wanted to get the announcement out of the way so that they can have the reveal at E3 and let whatever else they have shine.

Perhaps that is wishful thinking.

This announcement feels like it was timed to offset NPD. There is really no reason have it now with nothing more than a cover / release date. A full blowout at E3 with details, trailer, release date and box cover would have significantly more impact. I mean this is Halo man! Can you think of any franchise in MS's stable that is more important than this? The only way this game would not outshine whatever else MS has to show even after this news was if they got an exclusive deal for Destiny.

OT: The new armour remind me of Samus. Damn sexy power armor. I have a lot of problem playing FPS on console (can't stand playing them with a controller) but made a point to get Halo 3 to play through the story.

Around the Network

The top armor vaguely looks Forerunner to me in design. Its like the bottom represents the human race today, and the top represents the human warriors from 100 000 years ago (if you read the books youll understand).

This game will be about Chief understanding his species past, and destiny going forward.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

New concept art.

daredevil.shark said:

New concept art.

Pre-historic human ruins perhaps? From their 100 000 years ago civilization?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

kowenicki said:
biglittlesps said:
is it 1080/60FPS?

Not sure.

I think it should be a good game though... if that matters at all?

They promised halo 5 will run at blistering 60 fps.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
daredevil.shark said:

New concept art.

Pre-historic human ruins perhaps? From their 100 000 years ago civilization?

Why not? If it is presented properly then its great. Plus everyone would like to explore ancient civilizations that were ahead of their time in terms of technology.

ironmanDX said:
sales2099 said:
3 year dev cycle will ensure quality, so no Halo 4 MP mishaps

Yep. New engine too. Hopefully it's not open world. There's also been H2 anniversary. Goig to be a big holiday season for the Xbox One in 2015.

I would totally dig an open world Halo

2015 is way too late to matter. MS needs it this fall, by Fall 2015 the gap will be massive

Angelus said:
ironmanDX said:
sales2099 said:
3 year dev cycle will ensure quality, so no Halo 4 MP mishaps

Yep. New engine too. Hopefully it's not open world. There's also been H2 anniversary. Goig to be a big holiday season for the Xbox One in 2015.

I would totally dig an open world Halo

No! Change has been bad for halo, in terms of core gameplay mechanics go since Reach, arguably Halo 3! No bxr? Overshield? Hmm.  

I'm scared a little.

That reminds me I have to finally beat 4. Might get me hyped. E3 should show goodness, but I already expected it to be there.