By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "Halo 5: Guardians" revealed : Fall 2015. More Halo at E3 for 2014 (Halo 2 ?)

prayformojo said:
kowenicki said:
prayformojo said:

Nothing bugs me more than sequels with subtitles. Call it Halo 5 MS.

It is called Halo 5

It's called Halo 5 "Guardians" which is just like COD "insert stupid name here." I'm sure it'll be a great game, but damn, that's such a personal annoyance of mine.

At least they didn't remove the 5 lol.

Around the Network

Fall 2015 is a year later than when it needs to come out, wonder what MS's big holiday game is gonna be.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

Fall 2015 is a year later than when it needs to come out, wonder what MS's big holiday game is gonna be.

This is one thing they can't rush. Halo 4 took 2 years and the MP suffered. 3 eyars is the sweet spot. That said, pretty sure Halo 2 MP will have its fair share of play, considering it currently doesn't exist and the nostalgia factor helps too.

This holiday X1 has Halo 2 Anniversary, Quantum Break. With the fall having Sunset Overdrive, Project Spark, and rumored Forza Horizon 2. Thats a pretty impressive lineup.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

This is one thing they can't rush. Halo 4 took 2 years and the MP suffered. 3 eyars is the sweet spot. That said, pretty sure Halo 2 MP will have its fair share of play, considering it currently doesn't exist and the nostalgia factor helps too.

This holiday X1 has Halo 2 Anniversary, Quantum Break. With the fall having Sunset Overdrive, Project Spark, and rumored Forza Horizon 2. Thats a pretty impressive lineup.

I don't want them to rush it, but they do need a big system seller for the holiday season, I thought it was gonna be Halo 5, but now that its not they need something else.  If Uncharted 4 comes out and Microsoft has nothing big to compete on that level its not gonna be pretty.  

bananaking21 said:
MohammadBadir said:
Why are they revealing this before E3? Do they really have that much content?

this entire "too much content" is a big load of crap. MS might have shit loads of content to show, but its not like they wont reshow this and talk about the price drop at E3 anyways. this literally saves them no time at E3. they are gonna reshow this and they are gonna mention the XB1 is now 399$ at E3. this "saving up time" excuse is nonesense, its just a reaction to the bad NPD sales, its clear as day that it is. 

Maybe you are right.. maybe you are wrong..

but one thing though, you sound very upset.

Praise the One.

Around the Network

Also on a side note I think pretty much everyone knew for quite some time that Halo 5 was pushed to 2015. Confirmation is nice though.

They should of just called it Halo 5 rather than adding something on to it but whatever a trailer would be good

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

NobleTeam360 said:
prayformojo said:
kowenicki said:
prayformojo said:

Nothing bugs me more than sequels with subtitles. Call it Halo 5 MS.

It is called Halo 5

It's called Halo 5 "Guardians" which is just like COD "insert stupid name here." I'm sure it'll be a great game, but damn, that's such a personal annoyance of mine.

At least they didn't remove the 5 lol.

True. I'd rather have a sequel with a subtitle than a game that's a side story. 

I wonder what sort of cut backs we can expect to see in Halo 5 for them to hit the 60fps mark o: The easiest swap would be a lower resolution, but with PR surrounding the X1 on that issue it seems kind of unlikely they'd want to take too large a hit there with their lead title.

And no before someone jumps down my throat, that isn't an attack against the X1. Both the PS4 and X1 have static hardware, making top tier games for them revolves around choosing where to place your resources.

SweetTalia said:

Maybe you are right.. maybe you are wrong..

but one thing though, you sound very upset.

sweet, but untrue. you would be surprised by how little fucks i can give about certain things.

the ones who cant accept the reality of the situation in this thread are the ones who seem very upset honestly.