By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2014 NPD Thread!

trixiemafia86 said:
Where's dark_feanor and TheDrill?
one of the golden posts in this thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6312194

OT: VGC fails hard again. It was expected this time though.

Christ.  If yoru going to call out people for not being in the thread... at least make sure they're not in the god damn thread... The Drill has at least 3 posts in this thing and been replied to a number of times.

In fact, can we stop in general with the childish baiting "where is so and so" posts as if we're to assume everybody has nothing to do but be on the website all day.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

Christ.  If yoru going to call out people for not being in the thread... at least make sure they're not in the god damn thread... The Drill has at least 3 posts in this thing and been replied to a number of times.

In fact, can we stop in general with the childish baiting "where is so and so" posts as if we're to assume everybody has nothing to do but be on the website all day.

Have the mods considered updating their rules yet ? 

Kasz216 said:
trixiemafia86 said:
one of the golden posts in this thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6312194

so you saying its wrong to call out someone with posts in a thread. really? they both posted in this thread. post count doesn't matter.

edit. and just so you know, im calling them out on posts they made before numbers for xbone and ps4 where out. nothing wrong with that.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Shadow1980 - In response to your last comment.

There are many factors that determine the success of a console. PS2 and Wii were launched in a good economic environment. PS4,Wii U and XO not.
Consoles are not essential services to the population, except for hardcore gamers (who are not the majority).
I never said that sales of the PS4 were bad. As I said they are below the performance of the Wii, the Wii was out of stock until mid 2008, this happened in times of good economy. Wil The PS4 get repeat the same feat? Only time will tell. And it is unfair to compare the sales of the PS4 with the PS2 because: there are more sonyfans who buy a PS4 today than existed 14 years ago (PS2 lauched).
Another factor, is the PS4 Profitable for Sony (hardware)? Wii U has horrible sales, but Nintendo has made some Profits From the WiiU (or they do not lose money). Not a good strategy to sell hardware a lot, with many losses. PS4 sales are good, but not extraordinary. PS4 sales are extraordinary, if Sony repeats the same effect of Nintendo did with the Wii. Sell-​​out of stock for months. Being profitable since day 1 (which PS4 is not). By the way, Sony's gaming division has lost more than 50 million during the last quarter.

DerNebel said:
Machiavellian said:
COLD_COBRA_ said:

Such denial and spin in this thread. The PS4 spanking that ass in the 180s only relevant market really cuts deep here. The hopes of PS4 doing less in May is just wishful thinking by some.

Just wondering, are you the type of person to champion something even when it does do that well.  Seeing the PS4 at 199 is a win in a PS4 fanboy book seems petty if you ask me.  Such a drop no matter what the X1 is doing looks like demand is going down big time.  

Sales go down in April, that is normal, are you really trying to say that PS fans/Sony should worry for the PS4 because it 'only' sold 199k in its first April?

That is what I would call petty

What I am saying is that low sales is low sales and if the only thing that makes you sleep well at night is that the competition sold worst then yes, its petty.  

If the PS4 sales 100k and the X1 75 would you still be thumping your chest that the PS4 sold better than the X1 all but ignoring the drop from month to month.

Around the Network
trixiemafia86 said:
Kasz216 said:
trixiemafia86 said:

so you saying its wrong to call out someone with posts in a thread. really? they both posted in this thread. post count doesn't matter.

edit. and just so you know, im calling them out on posts they made before numbers for xbone and ps4 where out. nothing wrong with that.

Except you know... the Drill posted AFTER the Xbone numbers were out... again, just read up a little bit.

Outside that it's baiting pure and simple... so don't do get again.

Consider yourself warned.

Machiavellian said:
DerNebel said:

Sales go down in April, that is normal, are you really trying to say that PS fans/Sony should worry for the PS4 because it 'only' sold 199k in its first April?

What I am saying is that low sales is low sales and if the only thing that makes you sleep well at night is that the competition sold worst then yes, its petty.  

If the PS4 sales 100k and the X1 75 would you still be thumping your chest that the PS4 sold better than the X1 all but ignoring the drop from month to month.

The difference being that 200k is not particularly low for a first April, especially with no real games releasing.

And the month over month drop is normal, this happens every year. The PS4 is not a huge casual success like the Wii was, it won't defy the normal seasonal trends. Are we supposed to be mopey every spring/summer because sales go down?

If people want to thump their chest because their favourite console did best in the month then let them, after all that is one of the main reasons this site even exists: people want to know what sells best.

Kasz216 said:

Except you know... the Drill posted AFTER the Xbone numbers were out... again, just read up a little bit.

Outside that it's baiting pure and simple... so don't do get again.

Consider yourself warned.

Would you say he's a master baiter? ;)

DerNebel said:
Machiavellian said:
DerNebel said:

The difference being that 200k is not particularly low for a first April, especially with no real games releasing.

And the month over month drop is normal, this happens every year. The PS4 is not a huge casual success like the Wii was, it won't defy the normal seasonal trends. Are we supposed to be mopey every spring/summer because sales go down?

If people want to thump their chest because their favourite console did best in the month then let them, after all that is one of the main reasons this site even exists: people want to know what sells best.

Drops are normal, Being the king of the lowest drop and finding some type of happniess over it is what is the problem.  If people want to be proud of a low week then its all good but don't cry when others call them out of being the best of nothing.  Fanboys never want to know who sells best if its not their product of choice.

GotBoth said:
I Got 3 Day Ban for calling ioi's tracking a joke. Says I was trolling. But if it turned out to be true (like it did because 100k overtracked IS a JOKE!) can I get an apology???? LOLOLOL

I don't think it's really a matter of 'what' you say but rather a matter of 'how' you say it. I've questioned the figures many times but I still have respect for a person that allows us to have an honest and open forum comminity.

The PS5 Exists.