By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will you now consider a One?

Will you?

Yes! 199 32.84%

Hellz no. 407 67.16%

Total:606

Yes might get one dy one

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Around the Network

only when sony walks off into the sunset and then i'd go nintendo so no never

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

sales2099 said:
bananaking21 said:

can you explain the principle for me please? i cant seem to understand it. 

Fair enough. The principle that ones loyalty to one brand prevents the purchase of the biggest competition, by default. No exceptions.

Nintendo isn't part of the X1/PS4 picture so its ok for us to buy a 3ds or a WiiU as a side purchase.

but why does this principle exist? what's the rationale behind it?

Actual text I received from a friend: "it's almost reasonable to get that console now."

For context, he owned an Xbox and a 360, and Halo is one of his favorite franchises.

Wasn't interested to start with, not interested to continue with. My problem is that I really don't like how Microsoft has handled both of their previous generations and I'm not willing to jump on the wagon until I see definite proof that the tides are changing at Microsoft.
That may be a few years down the line. In the meantime, Sony's at their 6th console and all their previous ones have been good to me, in some way or another. I don't see a reason to take the plunge anytime soon.

Around the Network

What should make some people reconsider is the fact that MS has obviously figured out that core gaming is what sells a console in today's market. This is very important for lots of reasons. One of those is the fact that the last time they did this, they were killing it. Before they became a Kinect, casual gaming, TV stream first company, they were the king of the core. But after all that nonsense the 360 brand started to slip and the Xbone finished the deal.

Time will tell if they're serious about this return to form but, it's hopeful.

X1 will win a lot more people over when it hits $299 and has a noteworthy library of exclusives.

That might take two years.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I'm only really interested in Quantum Break and one game isn't enough for me to get a system, with the exception of SSB for the Wii U.

Down the line yes, same with PS4 and Wii U.

Now? Always considered one, I might end up owning all three 8th gen consoles within a few years, it depends on what they have to offer. The challenge now is for the xbox brand to show someone who doesn't care about Halo or Gears of War and who is disappointed with the butchering of Forza, that they can't get what they need on a PS4. Other FPS games are for PC anyway, in my opinion.

When the price is right; I think it's quite likely I'll be getting a One.